Ohio Game Fishing banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
10,002 Posts
Went to Wft 8-9 pm from shore. Crappie “scattered” in shallows, not spawning far as I can tell. Some other shore fishers abt the same on minnows. Got(released) what’s been my norm since the monsoons stopped last Sat-FOUR! All the standard 8”er cookie cutters with shoulders. Maribou jig under a bobber 2-3’. Water level back near normal. Water warming nicely it seems. Lots of near shore fish activity(gills feeding?) “Gangum busters“ by Friday!

·
Johnny tsunami
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Well last night was ok managed one 14 or 15"er and the rest were 8-10 between me and my brother we took home 15 or so would have been better if we didn't run out of bait and someone wasn't unintentionally blocking us out of our go to spot but we go close enough to still pick some. Lots of smalls! Went through 4 dozen minnows in a couple hrs. Tried trolling and plastics for a while but neither produced they wanted the real deal.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Enjoyable day on the water today. Caught over 120. Kept 22. Vast majority were smalls though. Frustrating but still fun to catch. Was quitting after getting 73 that were only 6–8½” with only a couple 9”+ then finally found an area with some nicer ones on the way back so stayed longer. Even faster action but still quite a few smalls. Got a little upset after had another 12” flip itself back in from the tray in the middle of the boat while trying to get a pic. Local Akron area lake. Small plastics 2½‘ under a bobber in 5-8 fow. Water was 70-72 deg.

Food Fish Ingredient Fish products Cuisine

Fin Fish Seafood Marine biology Fish products

Fish Ray-finned fish Fin Tail Bony-fish

Fin Fish Fish products Ray-finned fish Marine biology

Fish Fin Ray-finned fish Oncorhynchus Marine biology

·
Registered
10,002 Posts
Went to Wft 8-9 pm from shore. Crappie “scattered” in shallows, not spawning far as I can tell. Some other shore fishers abt the same on minnows. Got(released) what’s been my norm since the monsoons stopped last Sat-FOUR! All the standard 8”er cookie cutters with shoulders. Maribou jig under a bobber 2-3’. Water level back near normal. Water warming nicely it seems. Lots of near shore fish activity(gills feeding?) “Gangum busters“ by Friday!
Other than one “epic” crappie evening at Mogadore this week, next day, the fish had left the wood! Spawn has not happened/started at Wft,(at least where “I’ve found them” in past years)! Did the water warm TOO fast??(Suppose a possibility on smaller inland lakes?) Had a year like this couple yrs. back. Went for crappie, gills were bedding there!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Was wading the brush this week at WBRANCH, Wednesday was on, water temperature 62.7, went Friday morning less fish and temperature was 70.5 waist deep water. Quite a few eggs oozing out . Seems like a quick spawn in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fish Herder
130 Posts
Took my son out to a local puddle for a last minute trip. They were on fire the last 2 hours of light. Mostly cookie cutter 8”-9”but we kept the thicker ones with a few 10-12” in there. My son caught his first unassisted catch and then bam bam bam he’s hooked for good now lol. Every day on the water is a blessing but these are the days that God makes extra special.
Automotive tire Wood Art Circle Pattern

Water Smile Shorts Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We made it out to a local lake this Saturday. Threw every type of plastic I had at them and couldn't get anything going. Got tired of watching my wife catch fish so I switched to minnows. :mad: Ended up finally getting on the board. We ended up keeping a dozen and left because of the sun and heat!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Frustrating morning. Slower and had to search around for them. Caught 38 but only two were 9” or just over. Still fun catching them. Pretty much over for me though. Need to get gardens going and yard work is progressing to full tilt. All in all still did pretty good considering the unconventional weather with the numerous extreme temperature swings we had this season.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts