Ohio Game Fishing banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lol i don't! I always think i got a record crappie or a eye for a few seconds then i realize its a big stinky cat! I was minnow bobbin in 3fow for crappie and i see my float just zoom under was thinking it was a pig but nope probably 18" bull
Yeah bullheads suck, but a channel cat over 10lbs on light gear? That's pretty awesome, at least for me!

·
Johnny tsunami
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I guess i have it happen so much it just aggravates the hell out of me cuz i generally am using light line and hooks so something breaks half the time and we all know how much fun that isn't!! It is fun when you ain't catching a damn thing though gets the blood pumping and hopes up lol. The last few years I've lost probably 200$ in cranks trolling for crappie and eyes them bigs will straight blow 10lb mono right apart. I know they were probably real monsters like 15lb+ cuz i never had any pike or eye do that and I've caught some monsters. Damn big cats run and pull like a GD Rodeo bull with his boys in a twist and somehow will inevitably find a hole or a tree to wrap around. I have a love hate with them mostly hate haha

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Sure has been tough and disappointing for a while. This spring has been extreme. Memory isn’t what it used to be but don’t recall ever having 80s and 30s in the same week two weeks in a row. Forecast is looking pretty good though. Showing going to be getting warm and staying warm for more than a couple days. Hopefully things will be improving.

Found some today that weren’t dinks but still pretty slow. Only got six but smallest was 10½”. Local Akron area lake. Medium plastics 4½’ & 5’ under a bobber in 9-10 fow. Water was 57-59 deg.

Food Ingredient Seafood Fish Staple food

Fish Fin Ray-finned fish Fish products Bony-fish

Fish Ray-finned fish Fisherman Fin Fish products

Food Fish Fin Seafood Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I guess i have it happen so much it just aggravates the hell out of me cuz i generally am using light line and hooks so something breaks half the time and we all know how much fun that isn't!! It is fun when you ain't catching a damn thing though gets the blood pumping and hopes up lol. The last few years I've lost probably 200$ in cranks trolling for crappie and eyes them bigs will straight blow 10lb mono right apart. I know they were probably real monsters like 15lb+ cuz i never had any pike or eye do that and I've caught some monsters. Damn big cats run and pull like a GD Rodeo bull with his boys in a twist and somehow will inevitably find a hole or a tree to wrap around. I have a love hate with them mostly hate haha
I fish Alum a bunch and is why I troll with 20# power pro. Between the big cats and musky, not to mention I can get deeper with shorter leads. I mainly troll the shorelines for saugeye and your constantly swerving in and out of the cuts.

·
Johnny tsunami
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Tried to go for it after work with weather man saying rain not till 10. Got out at 530 and off by 630 because of the rain. Couple bites on the garlands but i thing it was baby gills cuz i couldn't hook on a bitty. Bright warm sunny days soon once that water hits 65 I'll be posting some pigs mark my word

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Fished Ladue this morning and it was a big zero. Not even a bite. Fished north and south of 422. Talked to a couple guys and they caught a catfish. I would have been better off going to Punderson for the stocked trout.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts