close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tired of getting skunked....head north!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by GETTIN' THERE, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Tired of getting skunked around here, headed up to Erie for the weekend. 3 guys fishing..4 hours Sat. and 5 hours Sun. 10 walleye in the box all over 20" including this one. Now I know that is way short of three tickets up there, but I am not greedy. Personally I only caught 2 eyes but they were the biggest each day. Plenty of sheephead and white bass to keep things interesting too. Beats anything around here whether it is because too many shad or too many fishermen. Will have to settle on CJ this weekend because of time constraints (a bad day on the water beats a good day at work), but then back up to Erie. By the way, what does a crawler harness tipped with a night crawler imitate? Not meaning to be smart, but I can't think of anything.

Attached Files:

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

yeah erie is the place to live "the good life." im surprised ya didnt get ur limit b/c they r biting like crazy! we went out yesterday got our 60 perch in an hr. good job!
    P.S. a crawler harness imitates something a walleye likes~LMAO.

3. We were blown off the Lake about 1:00 on Sat. and had to hunt hard on Sun, no 2 fish were from the same area. All fishing done between Catawba, Kelleys, and Marblehead. Just happy to be catching eyes.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

yeah it was really windy all of last week until yesterday it was 2ft or less. actually now i think about it im surprised u made it out!