Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
grip master
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever use a teflon tire sealant in you trailer tires?
Claims to prevent 95% of leaks.
Thanks

·
grip master
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trailer is brand new, thought I would try some,
After all the advice I'm gonna pass.
I know a couple landscapers that use it in their bid mowers,
to prevent air lose. Mowers wont cut right with low tires.
I know tire shops hate it.
I gotta plug the boys a Back Bay Marine. Sold me a new trailer
for about 25% less than I could find it anywhere. Been lookin
for 6 month, happened in there just to ask, and they had the exact trailer I wanted
sittin there.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
fill the thing , remove and hose it down look for the leak , rim,valve stem, nail? but not the goop ya put in. my opinion on trailer tires if it gives ya trouble it will go nuclear sooner or later. may be a simple bead seal needed, rotton valve stem, dang things dry rot before they wear out

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have used TireJect Tire Sealant on my ATV tires and on some small off road trailer tires The instructions specifically state for low speed applications. Speeds over 10mph it only lasts 12 months. So far my tires have been perfect for us. This stuff is water soluble and washes pretty clean with a rinse. The ATV's are used for plowing snow and the trailers are used to carry our gear to remote Canadian lakes when we go into the bush.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I run Ride-On sealant in my motorcycle and boat trailer tires. It is non-corrosive and not the same crap in those fix a flat cans. It creates a seal layer in the tread area also helps balance tires.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I did tires for a few years. Tire sealants are a nightmare. Theirs a reason why tire shops charge more if the tire has been filled with any kind of sealant

·
'Super Moderator'
13,059 Posts
All my off road equipment (I.E. Zero turn, riding mower, rototiller, quad, log splitter, lawn trailer etc) has green 'slime' in it.
But I live in the middle of the woods so we have a lot of thorny stuff to puncture tires. Plus...I do all my own tire work on this equip.
If I lived in town...would most likely not have anything in the tires with exception to the quad.

I did tires for a few years. Tire sealants are a nightmare. Theirs a reason why tire shops charge more if the tire has been filled with any kind of sealant
^^^This!
Would never put any sealants in any road equipment unless it was an absolute emergency situation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts