Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is that located close to the GMR in tipp? I have wondered about that place as well... didn't even know it was public access.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are talking about the one on 571 near the GMR, then don't waste your time. It is open to the public and is WAY over fished. I used to go before I found other places to fish. I did just take the kids there this week so they could catch some blue gill. We caught 20 or so, but none were even close to "hand size". Hell, one was so small i cannot believe i even hooked it!

If someone knows where the fish are hidden, let me know!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have fished those gravel pits many times and no luck. I have heard some people say they do good crappie fishing in spring, but that is all. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The fish there are under alot of pressure. but there are some nice ones in there. A couple years ago I saw a flathead that had to be 20-25 pounds. there are lots of bass and the water is so clear you can see them. there are too many bluegills and they are really small. I use to go there all the time to get bluegills to use as catfish bait then take them across the road and catfish in the river.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree. I always see the bass, but have tried every ype of artifial and live bait and they never seem to want to bit anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts