close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tinkers Creek

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by millerlgt22, Aug 20, 2008.

1. anything in it
    or do steelhead run up it in fall/spring time
    thanks for any help
    just asking bc went hiking tdy and saw some people fishing it

2. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

well tinkers creek is a feeder for the cuyahoga and steelhead are not stocked in the cuyahoga so probably not. I know some steelies get lost and head up the hoga but that is pretty far in even if

3. ok but i have seen some nice steelies all the way up to rt 82 dam and caught them behind work off canal in valley view it looks like a nice little creek for smallies and stuff if the water is up i saw some deep holes and nice riffles too

4. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Mostly carp in Tinkers, some real big ones too.
    Even the bass don't seem to travel up it much.
    You've got Twinsburg, Bedford Hts, Bedford and a few other treatment plants
    feeding it. I think the worst though is runoff from the garbage dump on Richmond Road. I've talked to people that get smallmouth and crappie in it, but only above Richmond Road.
    Too bad, it's a pretty creek.

:( :( :(

5. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

arent there grass pike or sometin like that in there?

6. I thought I heard somewhere along the line that Tinker's Creek had a few native Brook Trout in it. Or am I mistaken? I know there were at least 3 creeks/rivers in NE Ohio that had them, but now I can't remember which ones they were.

7. Yes - there are some nice smallies in there - and since I have caught steelies in the the Hoga near that area, I plan to explore Tinkers this winter for them as well.

8. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

9. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Smallmouth70 - I think the last brook trout in Tinkers died in 1847.:(
    At one time before the white man's pollution almost all creeks in northern Ohio had native Brookies. Tinkers is too polluted, had too much rainwater runoff, not enough forest canopy, ect. - just too warm.:( :(

I know the streams that have brook trout in 'em, but mums the word.....