close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tinkers Creek in the Cuyahoga Valley CVNR map pamphlet

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Oct 18, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I was browsing one of those maps that you can get from the parks in the Cuyahoga Valley. After browsing it for about 30 minutes, I noticed a little arm that comes off the main Cuyahoga Called Tinkers Creek. Anyone know anything about this section in regards to fishing?

flash------------------------------out

2. ive been ice fishing thier last year no good their r catfish prech and samll bass thier

3. KSUFLASH

are we talking about the same place??? Never heard of fishing a river. Kinda sounds a bit dangerous.

flash-----------------------------out

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Tinkers Creek Park is a park with a decent sized pond. Its near Streetsboro. I think thats at the headwaters of Tinkers Creek. I ice fished it once last year but had the same luck as peple did. I couldnt even get any marks on the vex (not ONE), but i know theres lots of smallish gills and "some" bass in there from the few times i went there last summer.

Ive driven by tinkers creek at the river, it looks somewhat promising but ive never fished it. Looks like youd have to get permission from the property owners, unless you fish right there at the cuyahoga on park property. It mostly runs behind a bunch of houses, then you cant see it anymore when it goes through Astorhurst golf course, then it comes into another park more upstream, in the Bedford area of the Cleveland Metroparks. I dont know if theres anything blocking fish between the cuyahoga and whatnot.

5. I heard there are some carp in there, but I'm really not sure. What is a prech and a samll bass?

6. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Unfortunately, that creek's more polluted than I was saturday night. :eek:
    Seen some big carp there, but seems like even the smallmouth from the Cuyahoga won't move up there.

7. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

The city of Bedford dumps it's sewage in the creek. Above that, it's fine. On the ODNR boating Ohio's streams page, it releases a warning that the gorge area (below Bedford) is extremely polluted and they wouldn't reccommend any contact with the water. There are class 3+ rapids in the gorge though...tis a shame. The creek meanders through Twinsburg and vincinity, roughly parallel to Ravenna road and 480, all the way to Streetsboro, where there is a state park and state wildlife refuge.

But even above the polluted areas, the fishing is nothing to get worked up about for any species.

8. KSUFLASH

thats what I needed to know. I won't waste my time.

thanks for the info..

flash---------------------------out

9. There is a state park lake on Tinker's Creek. I went up to the lake during the summer of 2002. It was an excellent shore fishing lake for undersized (8-14") largemouth bass. I think I caught a dozen in 2 hours.

The merit of this place is not the fish, but the atmosphere. It is a nice place to take date or relative that is not that hard core of a fisherman, but would enjoy a scenic place that has some easy shore access. I took my dog, and he had a blast running through the fields and swimming in the lake. I know there is a leash law there, but when you are the only person in the park who cares. It was kind of tough when I was sneaking up on a nice quiet spot, getting ready to cast and then my dog does a belly smacker right in front of me. Great day of fishing in the enjoyment category, even if it wasn't so in the stats category.

10. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Hey Flash......maybe you can get some of those wall hanger trashfish.....I mean catfish....like ya got here last week! Black smudge all over them and open sores....YUMMY!

Gene