close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

time warner cable sucks beyond belief!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dip, Aug 21, 2004.

1. dip

dip dip

any suggestions for satellite dish outfits would be appreciated.

2. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

speaking of TW... i've have at least 15-20 channels that don't come in right now. they've replaced the line to house (just this morning), main splitter,the line to pioneer box and the box itself.... stilll no signal on these certain channels. now i have to call them again and tell them it's still out.... and ask for credit... its been at least 2 solid weeks.

why wouldnt the guy check service this morning?????? he just ran the line and took off.... :mad: maybe they'll call later and see how my signals are.... yeah right!

3. when time was slow we did work for time warner.The service sucks. We talked to some of the installers and service guys.They told use they had so much to do they don't have time to stay at one place for too long. We hung some cable for them .An when we got there It would be done. They wouldn't give us a trip charge or anything.

4. Hi. I live in a non-cable area, had Direc tv for 10 years, they were decent no problems to speak of. Started looking at Dish Network cause I was wanting to upgrade my equipment to the latest technology. Direct was offering a tivo/reciever for $99. Dish was gonna give me 2 recievers w/ 4 tv (seperate viewing) with the main receiver having a 100 hour DVR (digital video recorder) built in, also a HD satelite w/ internet capablities (not yet available).
    Needless to say I went with DISH Network, plus programing is cheaper than Direct. There was no cost to me, just a year commitment. Been very happy so far, its been about 2 months since the switch. Seems to be alot of people going with Dish, either switching or starting, in this area. Do some comparison, but I think you'll find Dish has the most to offer, just took me 10 years to figure it out!

5. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

I have Dish Network. No complaints here. More digital channels than TW analog plus locals for a couple bucks less. I have had a couple times losing signal during HEAVY storms. Just got it this spring so no winter experience yet. I have the DVR receiver as well - I love that thing!!!

-Jeff

6. dip

dip dip

my in-laws had direct tv and it worked very well for them... bout 8-10 years ago had a rep come to my house and was unable to get a direct signal but i bet they've improved since then? gonna have my people (wife) give dish a call..... sheesh, i'll be a REAL vidiot with 130 channels! :D

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i have Direct tv and was thinking about bailing to dish to get equipment upgade...but when i told DTV what i wanted to do they matched dish networks offer...so i still have direct for about 8 years now...no problems great service

8. I love my DirectTivo unit by DirectTV. I can record 2 live programs at once and watch a taped, record a live and watch a live, watch taped, etc.... all kinds of options, pause live tv, skip commercials, etc

9. I have Direct TV because of the "NFL Sunday Ticket." :D

It is great to watch after a Sunday morning of fishing!

10. Whatever you do, do get the Tivo unit. Before I went to satellite, I couldn't understand why anyone would pay $5/month for TIVO. In just a couple of weeks, the whole family (including my wife) was hooked on it. Pausing live TV is great, not to mention the "season pass" that automatically records shows for us. No more having to remember to set the vcr.

I have DirecTv and am pleased with it.

11. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Dip - you might want to check if you can get WOW cable. I got them and saved over $40 each month on service. They just started serving the c-bus area. Not sure where you hail from.

12. I thought you guys fished!

13. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I've had warner for years and have never had the problems you guys talk about. Anytime I've had problems they have taken care of it. As for roadrunner, same there. Never a problem. I called warner when WOW came in the area and they lowered my cost to match them. WOW doesn't have a very good record in N.W. Columbus. They have cut other companys cables, and refused to repair them, suck on their service, (Three of my neibors have WOW) and have nothing but problems with their service. I guess it's what ever your happy with. I don't slam any cable co. or satelite co. each has their own good and bad points. Me, I'm quite happy with Road runner and Warner.

14. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

I left TW for Dish about 2-3 years ago and I love it. There service is outstanding and their tech support over the phone is very good also. Every now and then a storm will interrupt programming, but I think that has only happened maybe 5 or 6 times in 2 years and it only lasts a few minutes. I remember when TW went out in Columbus when we lived there during the superbowl. also it seems like TW's bills continually were on the rise and programming kept changing or getting dropped. I have had none of these problems with Dish.

15. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Amen on the rising costs with Time Warner. The bill got higher and my service never got any better. Amazing.

16. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

its also hard to believe they charge xtra for quote , un quote digial cable with is only a few channels...when all of sat. channels are digital

17. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i talked my dad into direct tv he loves ....wishes he would have done it sooner

18. dip

dip dip

it took 40 minutes to git a humanoid on the phone and it was probly someone 2000 miles away from me that treated me like an ignorant child. a friend that is a deputy in my county told me the house 2 doors down got busted for stealing cable and i suspect that is what is causing my piss poor reception now. but the warner geek said this was not possible which begs the question " why does warner have commercials about cable theft causing bad reception?" 2 times in one week i have gone through the hassle of talking to a humanoid at warner with NO SATISFACTION and NO FOLLOW UP! check out their web site, read how the customer is priority one.... BULL HOCKEY!