close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tiger Bass

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pendog66, Mar 25, 2005.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Last night i read about a new genetically enhanced bass called the Tiger Bass. They say it is a cross between souther largemouth and the northern Black Bass. From what i read they said it is the fastest hitting fish on record. In a tank the fish (1 to 2lbs) would strike a gold hook. THey are already in fisheries apparently in Florida and in a private pond, a 27 month Tiger Bass is already 7 Pounds. The scientist think it will soon break the world record for largest largemouth. I felt pretty excited reading about this fish. Has anyone else heard about this fish?????

Nate

2. I have mixed feelings about this! yea it would be cool to catch these bass because they'd be slightly more agressive. BUT, Bass fishing is fun for me because it's a challenge. If they make a genetic mutation of a bass and its dumb/agressive enough to hit anything than anyone could catch them and the challenge wouldn't be there. They'd also get torn apart in our lakes with all the pressure.

I read about them in BassMaster magazine.

Maybe in a farm pond for the kids or grandkids...

Just my .02

3. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

I would have to agree. I like the challenge of catching bass. Who really needs a bass that hits like a blue gill.