Tiffin area fishing. HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SummersOff, Apr 4, 2008.

1. I had to break my fishing trip that I had planned for tomorrow (saturday 4/5/08) with my Dad to go hang out at the in-laws. I was wondering if anyone could let me know where somewhere close would be that I could go catch a couple fish. I'm not picky, bass, gills, crappie, pike, whatever. I think I might need to get a hour or so break from everyhting. I don't want to travel far....Please let me know if you have any ideas as I am from 2 hours away so I don't know much about the area waters. Thanks.

2. I ended up heading over to Fostoria and fished #1 I think. It was kind of a dump. I didn't catch anything but did see one guy get a dink crappie. It sure was nice to get out for a bit, even though I didn't catch anything.

3. Marauders

Marauders Nodak

you could went over to fremont and got you some walleyes.

4. I thought about that, but I didn't bring the waders and didn't want to travel that far.

5. ErieAngler

ErieAngler Still Deadly w/ The Net

Its 15 minutes - 20 tops. Take 53 south to the State St. exit. Go east. Stay on State for aprox 3-4 miles and you will pass over the river. Most people fish south of the State street bridge. There are several areas to park on State near the bridge, FYI

6. There is a great steelhead creek right by you, if you watch the flowcharts it gets STACKED to the brim when the V is blown out.

7. You do not need waders at fremont with this water level, just fish from the east side between the bridges. Monday I saw the largest walleye I have ever seen caught there. Most are smaller than the ones at Maumee but that is the males this was a real sow.