close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Through the ice at Hoover?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CaptKC, Jan 21, 2009.

1. On my way to work this morning, I was heading southbound on Sunbury Road and about halfway between the dam and Smothers Road Bridge close to the west side bank, it looked like someone may have gone through the ice. I didn't see anyone out there or any emergency response vehicles, but I saw three traffic cones on the ice with yellow crime tape on the cones around a hole that looked like was all ice chunks. Did anyone hear anything? Definately looked like someone/something went through there.

Hope eveyone is okay.

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Brrr, I hope not! Might have been a dog, deer etc. You just never know. I for one wouldn't dare to go out on the ice at Hoover - too much fluctuation in water levels with them drawing water out for the city all the time. I think it would make the ice unstable.

*That and my "petite" size works against me on the ice..:D

3. I agree! I like my feet fimly planted on the ground. I had the chance to ice fish for the first time last year at Buckeye. There was a good 6-7 inches of ice and I probably looked like a fool because I was the only one wearing a PFD. Even though I know they "say" it's safe, it still freaked me out with all the thuds and cracks I was hearing....even though guys around me were saying that those sounds was due to it just freezing more. Caught one 15 inch eye, but in my mind it's not worth it.