close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Throttle cable?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by ocdfishguy, May 25, 2005.

1. The cable on my boat broke, It is a 1958 40hp Johnson. Any one know where I might find one in central ohio area. I know that this is not a lot of info. to go on but I need a place to start my search. I got a feeling that this one is going to hurt the wallet. Thanks in advance...

2. I Got Mine For A Older Johnson At West Marine. Not To Expensive.

3. Thanks guys, Ken G, I used the teleflex number from the web site and called arround and delta has one. I am heading out right now to get one.. Thanks again

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

See??? Almost painless, just wait until you try to install it. ;) I took mine to a dealer...THAT hurt !!

5. Changng the cable was the easy compared to fixing the stearing. What a mess, called teleflex they told me that it could not be done because the motor was to old, and that I should buy a new motor. Not to be deterred I got the kit and made all the mounting brackets. It doesen't look the best but it works great. The old setup was the cable, pullies, and springs. Once the cable broke that was it. So now the Bark Shark is ready to go out. Thank again for the help!