close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Three drop shot bass

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Shortdrift, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Went to the front lake with my grandson and tried a dropshot rig for the first time. Landed three largemouth. :) Anthony got two :cool: and I got one. :rolleyes: Fish were in perfect condition and fought real good.
    I'm going to try drop shot for walleye on Ruggles this year.

2. Now are you sure your grandson didn't catch all three????

I'm already looking forward to the day when my boy out-fishes me :) .

3. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Good luck with that drop shot! Last year on Berlin caught 3 large eyes, to bad we were fishing for deep bass.

4. Hope to get out soon, can you tell me what a dropshot is? I would really appreciate it, Is it anything like a dropper jig or dropper loop? Not sure what that is either?

5. Pretty much it is a palomar knot with a tag line length of about 18-24 inches to which your weight is tied. The trick is placing the tag back into the palomar knot right so that your hook is facing up in the best hooking position...
    I have never used it for anything but deep water fishing so for pond use I have no experience... I need to practice making this rig more too so I'll hit Ron up today and let him show me his style...

6. Here is one link that I found about Drop Shot Fishing.

If you do a Google search for drop shot fishing you will find plenty of reading.