Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night fished three creeks parks streams; off the trails a bit even. Nothing .threw everything in my lil lure box????water and all else seemed ready for some good fishing but still nothing.anyone got any pointers on that area or creek fishing in general as we have been killing em in ponds and small lakes around here ; :) but to be honest the creek fish are winning against us at the present moment.Thanks and good luck....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Right now I have been having a little trouble on the creeks as well. Early year I was killing them but now you really have to get out to get some good water because it has warmed up enough that everybody and their brother have already fished that spot. Check your maps and try and find an area where the road will get some what near the water and go take a look. Other than that fishing has seemed a bit tough. I went out this morning and caught one on the trusty white spinner but other than that not even a bite. On the other hand I went out the other morning and got a good smallie on a buzz bait. I gotta tell you it was one of the more exciting fish I have reeled in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ....i was beginning to doubt our creek/stream abilities there for a bit.I walked a good ways into the creeks but as you said so has probably tons of others...thanks again

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
If I was wading, I would go with pumpkin tubes, the larger ones, 3.5", tie on a 1/16 oz long shank tube hook, venom makes the ones I like the best(buckeye outdoors), I prefer braid (powerpro) for tubing, you can feel everything, even tell what kind of bottom you have. Meduim casts, upstream or quarter upstream, and hop it back, try big hops, watch for bites on fall, or even swim the darn thing. Look for current, edges, eddies, regardless of depth, rock or wood structure is a big plus in current, don't forget to fish the up current side of structure, they sit in the push water waiting for something to swim by. If you have no current, and going for SM, keep walking.
Stuck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome info guys.we sure appreciate any help we can get,i will try those pointers and will be back out there this weekend.planning a good long wade:) good luck to you all and happy fourth :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts