close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thoughts on trailer hooks?

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by liquidsoap, Jun 26, 2008.

1. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

I am sure this has been discussed a lot here. But whats your view on trailer hooks on spinner baits and buzzbaits?

What situations do you like using them and which situations do you not.

My view is a trailer hook can never hurt unless your fishing near thick cover. Then it tends to snag more. Any other thoughts???

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

If I'm just fishing for fun, I hardly ever use them if I'm only missing a few fish here and there. If EVERYTHING is a short strike, then I'll put one on for a while.

Tournaments: ALWAYS on my spinnerbaits

3. i agree with OSU i dont use em much i do have a few on some buzzbaits..but havent had that big of a problem without em

4. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I always use one on buzz bait unless i real thick stuff. Not as much with spinnerbait.

5. I always use a trailer hook, buzzbait or spinnerbait. I have NEVER lost a bait because of it's trailer hook. I put the eye of the trailer hook through the plastic tubing and that keeps it perfectly inline with the rest of the bait.

6. IMO its a "must have" on spinnerbaits and buzzbaits!

7. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

use them all the time

8. I rarely use them on spinnerbaits, and ALWAYS use them for buzzbaits. You may get a few more snags, but you'll get more fish.

BB

9. JF1

JF1

I won't fish a spinnerbait/buzz bait without one. Tourney or fun fishing, nothing is worse than loosing the fish of a lifetime due to a shortstrike. It may have cost me a few extra spinners, but I've definately landed more fish because of it.

10. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

Don't leave home without 'em!