close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

thought of a fish fry!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by steelheadBob, Jul 16, 2007.

1. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

i was thinking..... Im the only one in this house that eats fish,,,,,,,, so i wanted to get people thoughts! My freezer is getting full of crappie and perch so i was thinking of holding a fish fry at my place sometime in the fall. It has a big eating great room with a kitchen. tables and chairs to seat about 50 people, wet bar and pool table. I would need to use someones frier if i can, and people could bring a dish to share?
    I like when other members get together and everyone meets other members so what better way is there to do it than eating fresh crappie and perch... Let me have some thought here. Just so everyone knows it would be held in twinsburg. right off of 480 amd 91

2. Sounds like a great idea. I'm not exactly sure where Twinsburg is but if it's not to far from Cbus, I'd definately com!!

3. steelheadBob

its near cuyahoga and summit co. border. 1 1/2 hour from cbus.

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Generous idea Bob! :B

If there's enough interest to do it, count me in. :D

I'll bring some of the baked beans I make. !%

5. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

If this gets off the ground you can count on me being there.Plus I will use my deep fryer and my speciel beer batter to fry them.Every one likes my way frying fish.Can supply about 10 fish to add to the party.a few trout if any one wants that type fish.This ought be another great way meet the OGF gang.wish it was a skeeter though.we then can fish to if we need too..LOL

6. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

I'd go. I, too have have a stock pile of eye's.

Dave

7. Sounds like a great idea . I'm close to that area . Pot luck is a good way to go . Usually how we do our get togethers . Keep us posted . Would be nice to put faces to these names .

8. sounds great ,,we could all bring something to help out .I:M in.

9. I also have a fry daddy frier we use for our fish fries if needed. Fried 300 perch fillets last year for a party. So far this year I'm low on perch.

10. If we're not out of town when you do it you can count us in.

11. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

doesn't sound as fun as picking up trash on the causeway in the rain:p , if im not working ...i'll be there:D

12. steelheadBob

Yea but EZ, it wont smell like when i opened that year old bottle with liver's in it... The place i was going to hold it is on one of our apt. complex.. I was thinking of a lake, but i remembered from dixie's gathering that there were alot of southern people who wanted to come up but drive was to far so im right in the middle of everyone, north and south.
    Was thinking of end of sept/ begin of oct. not to hot not to cold....... Ill keep everyone posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

13. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Count me in if everyone brings fish I guess I will bring the potato's to deepfry. I have a out side deep fryer (propane) I can bring.

14. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

< bump > :B

Lets get a few more who can make it if possible. ;)

15. steelheadBob

I went out to the garage yesterday and found that our freezer with 10 bags of crappie and perch and about 4 bags of walleye, along with some deer meat and other stuff, had to of broke a couple of days ago because all was melted and stunk like hell, so sorry to say i think the fry is off...
    I hope nobody didnt ended any other plans for this, but u cant throw a fry without any fish.:mad: