Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Realistically, it has to do with the abysmal record the Browns have had for so long. That honestly was our first tournament win since ‘94 and our first on the road tournament win since ‘69. Especially to be beating Pittsburgh for that win, and with our head coach out with Covid. I totally agree that it seems over blown, considering we won just a wild card playoff game, and still have a ways to go before even a Super Bowl appearance. But it’s just a kind of a cool watershed moment for longtime fans who are normally disappointed year after year. And it kinda shows that finally we have a good quarterback and good offense in general for our team. Realistically, there’s not much else to do right now besides get hyped up about whatever football they let us even have, so I kinda understand the outsized social media reaction.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Is it my imagination? Seems to me some of the nicest people I know are Pitt fans from Pennsylvania living here in N.E. Ohio and some of the most annoying people I know are Pitt fans born and raised here in N.E. Ohio.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,309 Posts
Realistically, it has to do with the abysmal record the Browns have had for so long. That honestly was our first tournament win since ‘94 and our first on the road tournament win since ‘69. Especially to be beating Pittsburgh for that win, and with our head coach out with Covid. I totally agree that it seems over blown, considering we won just a wild card playoff game, and still have a ways to go before even a Super Bowl appearance. But it’s just a kind of a cool watershed moment for longtime fans who are normally disappointed year after year. And it kinda shows that finally we have a good quarterback and good offense in general for our team. Realistically, there’s not much else to do right now besides get hyped up about whatever football they let us even have, so I kinda understand the outsized social media reaction.
The Monday after the Browns playoff victory over the Steelers, Colin Cowherd did a segment on what an outstanding job Stefanski has done this season. Coaching the Browns so well that he didn't even have to be there to engineer a win! He used the following analogy. You know parents have done a great job raising their kids when Mom & Dad can go away for a weekend, leaving the teenagers at home, and the kids don't burn the house down! In fact, they cleaned the house!

Is it my imagination? Seems to me some of the nicest people I know are Pitt fans from Pennsylvania living here in N.E. Ohio and some of the most annoying people I know are Pitt fans born and raised here in N.E. Ohio.
The fans from PA are probably life long Steelers fans, while the ones from Ohio are probably band wagon jumpers.

·
Me fail english? That's unpossible.
1,615 Posts
Almost all of the Steelers fans I know grew up in pa, joined the military and found there way to Wright-patt. But I’d agree there’s a lot of band wagoners. In fact this last week is the most I’ve seen browns apparel warn in the Dayton area. Band wagoners will be band wagoners. 🤣

21 - 25 of 25 Posts