Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll start this off by saying I’m not much of a football fan, never have been. I hope the Browns do well for a few of the die hard fans that I know.

BUT

This browns fan base I see all over social media has got to be the 2nd most annoying fan base in the country and quickly rivaling Yankees fans for the #1 spot.

I understand you’ve had a miserable last 20+ years but you haven’t won the Super Bowl yet and no the refs and the league aren’t out to screw the browns every week.

Maybe it isn’t just Browns fans, maybe it’s Cleveland fans in general. I hear an awful lot of complaining over the Indians when they have the 2nd best record in baseball since Francona took over and have been in contention for close to the last decade

·
Great Cycle Challenge Team OGF
3,791 Posts
Its football fans in general. There doesn't seem to be friendly rivalries anymore, fans just hate each other.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I’ll start this off by saying I’m not much of a football fan, never have been. I hope the Browns do well for a few of the die hard fans that I know.

BUT

This browns fan base I see all over social media has got to be the 2nd most annoying fan base in the country and quickly rivaling Yankees fans for the #1 spot.

I understand you’ve had a miserable last 20+ years but you haven’t won the Super Bowl yet and no the refs and the league aren’t out to screw the browns every week.

Maybe it isn’t just Browns fans, maybe it’s Cleveland fans in general. I hear an awful lot of complaining over the Indians when they have the 2nd best record in baseball since Francona took over and have been in contention for close to the last decade
couldn't have said it better

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
it seems as if you say something like The browns are going up against a tough defense next week instead of a discussion you get a fist fight

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
You headline the thread 'will be a very unpopular opinion' then the first sentence you say you aren't even a fan...so what's your point then???..to ruffle feathers?..troll much?..we do live in Ohio you know that right?..SMH.
You sound like a sour puss stooler fan who's looking for something to whine about.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You headline the thread 'will be a very unpopular opinion' then the first sentence you say you aren't even a fan...so what's your point then???..to ruffle feathers?..troll much?..we do live in Ohio you know that right?..SMH.
You sound like a sour puss stooler fan who's looking for something to whine about.
LOL LMAO You proved his point LMAO Typical LMAO

·
Me fail english? That's unpossible.
1,620 Posts
Its football fans in general. There doesn't seem to be friendly rivalries anymore, fans just hate each other.
This has not been my experience. I have a lot of friends and family who are fans of different teams, and although there is some good banter, no one has legitimate hatred for each other.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
1,800 Posts
OP - You are not giving any examples of how they are bad fans, and you just want to bash fans for finally having a season to cheer about. JamesB, you obviously give much great information over the years but your opinion is terrible with nothing to back it up. Your timing is horrible, Browns fans deserve to cheer for their team. Your words are better left unsaid but if anything, you have made a motion to others that you might be just as bad as the behavior of fans you want to criticize.

BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU POINT A FINGER AT SOMEONE ELSE, 3 MORE FINGERS ARE POINTING AT YOU.

Rickerd

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
This has not been my experience. I have a lot of friends and family who are fans of different teams, and although there is some good banter, no one has legitimate hatred for each other.
some fans go way too far at times I like who I like without being criticized "You Live In Ohio"

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You are not giving any examples of how they are bad fans, and you just want to bash fans for finally having a season to cheer about. JamesB, you obviously give much great information over the years but your opinion is terrible with nothing to back it up. Your timing is horrible, Browns fans deserve to cheer for their team. Your words are better left unsaid but if anything, you have made a motion to others that you might be just as bad as the behavior of fans you want to criticize.

BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU POINT A FINGER AT SOMEONE ELSE, 3 MORE FINGERS ARE POINTING AT YOU.

Rickerd
does any one read before posting he said I hope the Browns do well for a few of the die hard fans that I know. And I for one Hope the BROWNS go and win it all but if they get beat I would be the first one to shake the team's fan that beat us and say good game and not give a thousand excuses

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
does any one read before posting he said I hope the Browns do well for a few of the die hard fans that I know. And I for one Hope the BROWNS go and win it all but if they get beat I would be the first one to shake the team's fan that beat us and say good game and not give a thousand excuses
And you're funny for even believing that little tid bit...you think because he threw the 'I hope they do well' that makes it ok...stop being so naive man...it was a troll statement...the Browns just won a playoff game last night, take the BS elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The timing may have been wrong. Have your day and enjoy it. Hopefully there are many more winning seasons around the corner and we learn to deal with it But the statement about being close to Yankees fans is the truth, it’s not fun to see.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Upland - you and others pick a poor time to be contrarians. Let us cheer our success, we are not hurting anyone.
Rickerd
The cheering for success isn’t the part that gets me.

It’s the part where everytime anything goes wrong the statement is made that the refs or the league or whoever is out for the browns. Drives me nuts

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,317 Posts
My 2 best friends and golf buddies are die hard Steeler fans. They know I'm a life long Browns fan. Did I lord this over them? Nope! Not a peep. I got congratulatory texts from both of them today! They do have a relative however.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts