close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This Weekend 2-2

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by fishinbula, Feb 1, 2008.

1. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

Anybody thinking about heading out this weekend. I noticed its suppose to warm up and pretty much stay above freezing. Out east we didn't get much snow or rain from this past storm. Just getting that itch to get out.

2. Hey Ken, do you know what the rivers are looking like out that way?

3. Ach, stay home! the grand is a mess! small tribs would be ok upstream

4. fishinbula

I'm probably going scouting tomorrow I know they opened up and weren't to bad but with this storm you never know. Also of course the grand is a mess it always is after big storms like the one we had tuesday night. I was thinking more in the lines of sunday got a lot of house work to do. Had someone try to break in on wednesday night in the middle of the night.

5. I fished the Rocky today, river was rising big time and the vis. went from o.k. to crappy whyle I was there. Managed one fish on a large chunk-o skein.

Most all the river was open. Sunday will be your best bet anyway. smaller tribs should fish.

6. fishinbula

Thanks for the info

7. We got more rain than I expected. I think I'll let things settle tomorrow and try some small tribs on Sunday.

8. Not much snow and rain,but tons of huge ice chunks lining the banks to melt off.Best bet would be hit it early a.m.Have a feeling by noon they will be getting high and muddy.

Joel,if you want to come out this way Sunday,I have some nice spots we could hit.Matt