This Site??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by c. j. stone, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm pretty computer illiterate but, other than making it slow to 'nothing happening' going back and forth, pape to page, or forum to forum, what changed with this site when last restructured? Also, though I don't read with my finger pointing at every word, I have a habit of waving the cursor around the thread while reading. Bad habit!- due to getting all those irritating popups and having to close them!! Anyone else notice these things or is my age showing?

2. cj.....you kidding! It's way cooler here now. The headings and the text are now in different colors. The screen is now split...left/right....just like those modern new fangled fish finders. OGF is on the left half.......the fish of your choice in whatever size you prefer and any lake you like to fish is now on the right half. Bottom right there is a menu.....lists what the fish want to eat today.

Kiddin buddy.......not much changed. Thinkin it was a capacity upgrade with some future plans.

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

I havent been getting any pop ups???

If you download mozzila firefox your can turn advertisments off.

4. "godzilla what"? soap you owe me big time. i was the first to answer your thread couple years ago when you wanted some help getting into steelheading! now you can do seminars on that subject! you were my best student!

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

"due to getting all those irritating popups "
    That's what keep this site a "FREE" no charge ever site to you CJ and all the other members as well. It cost plenty to keep the site operating.
    Thanks to all that make the work to keep the site going worth it.
    April 5th we will be celebrating 4 years here on OGF.

6. Are we having cake and ice cream at your house or Shakes to celebrate?? :D

7. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Bob, mine has a zoom feature, you didn't mention that. Are your headings in blue or red? Can we change the color? I'm not too fond of the red heading and green border.

8. I understand completely, Dale. I am not much of a site groupee but today I found this one and visited it to try to search for some Ford diesel truck info. I was totally amazed at how much it resembles this one! Irritating popups and all! If I didn't know better, I'd think one of our "Big Brains" set this one up!-or that one of theirs, set up this site! Or maybe all the better ones are basically the same format?
    http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-tech-files/

9. DaleM

Again, that is what helps keep this a totally free site to all our members. A small price to pay for all the information that is here for "FREE"

10. What are these "pop ups" that everyone is complaining about? I have not seen any and I'm always on this site? Maybe you just need to turn your pop up blocker on???

11. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

C. J. go up to your tools button, click on that and there should be a pop-up blocker tab, make sure that is turned on. It should help.

12. Wow! See I said I'm computer illiterate! I had to "add this site to my list".
    Hope it works-thanks! By the way, does anyone else's wife seem to object, or get irritated(in their own "little ways"!) to the amount of time you spend on the computer? I suppose I could be doing something worse-like being at the strip bar!

13. Dude, I always get "You don't do anything around this house except mess around on the computer" :p Ha Ha wifes are all the same.

14. IT DID NOT WORK> Thx. anyway!
    I have the highest speed RR(50 "nanos" or something!) and this site 'crawls' between pages/forums. Maybe, just maybe, I have something else going on with my PC?!

15. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

This site is real fast, must be your end.

16. FishlessAgain

FishlessAgain One Major Lurker

Its running good here too

17. Probably faulty equipment on my end. Just not sure how to speed it up...Thx.

18. bass

bass EAT SLEEP FISH

I hate the popups to. I would not think it takes that much to run a forum the one we have is $8.00 a month and thats on the high side.We put up a donation block and took donations through paypal. I am sure most here would donate

19. DaleM

I would only guess you don't get over 6000 visitors a day on that $8.00 a month site? Believe me when I say this one far exceeds that amount! Many many times over.

20. My wife is always complaining about me being on the computer. She will say:
    "You going to be on the computer all night again"
    C.J. try clearing your cache. If you've been to other fishing sites for some reason they slow down others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.