close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This morning's word from DC...

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by fishinchick, Apr 23, 2004.

1. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

Shawn (tpet96) just called me, and it sounds like they are already having a great time, and some luck too. Shawn just caught one that was 24 lbs and about 34-35 inches long. So at least it wasn't a wasted drive for him. :) Oh, I love my job; that's why I'm here and not taking in the sights and sounds there. :rolleyes: But... the good news is that with all of the demands of fishing, he can't take in all of the touristy stuff, so he said we get to go back soon! :D

On a sidenote, Ak (crappielooker) and Shawn are planning to go to Chinatown this evening for some dinner.

I love my job, I love my job. Augh!

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

tell them to catch them ALL!

3. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Ask Shawn to do a headcount on stray dogs and cats why he is there in ChinaTown. I am compiling comparison charts between different ChinaTowns in different cities :) So far Chicago's seemed pretty much stray free.

Man I wish I was out there.

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Keep that good news coming... 24# almost makes me want to make that drive.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

cool, thanks for the update. if you talk to shawn soon tell him to tell ak to watch out for the snakes!

6. fishinchick

Hehehe. I will give him all of your tips, comments and advice when I talk to him next. He hasn't called back so I assume the 24# is still the highest... :D

7. catking

catking Banned

If Tpet gets the biggest carp of the DC outing,he will be tough to deal with :rolleyes: CATKING !!!

8. fishinchick

I wonder who he learned that from??? ;)

9. fishinchick

Someone else gets the job of telling Shawn what happened to his Flash Poker score while he was away though. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

10. catking

catking Banned

I just talked to tpet on the phone and him and AK are doing fine. BuckeyeBob had to make a run to Chicago last night, then turn around and head to DC :eek: Anyways,I don't quite understand your " wonder where he learned that " little remark DA CHICK :p :p THE CATKING !!!

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

AWSOME, glad hes catching up there...i sure hope one of the Ohio guys takes it all....that way will have the CCC top angler and the DC top angler....next one will have to take is the Austin event and im going for sure next year!!!!

Scott

12. catking

catking Banned

Talked to BuckeyeBob a little while ago. A couple 30's have been caught, I do believe. A bunch of 20's. Sounds like they all are having a great time !! Can't wait for their full report............CATKING.

13. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like there is some exceptional carp fishing up that way, glad to hear they are having a great time.

14. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

That is because the carp introduction program started there. So, there are older, more developed, populations there.