close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This Is Bad!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anth, Dec 8, 2004.

1. 7 PEOPLE SHOT AT ALROSA VILLA. ive been to metal showa here in columbus and now this happens.
    Damage Plan 2( members of pantera ) when they started to play someone got on the stage and shot one or more of the members! 3 people died they say. this is bad BAD.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yes..my buddy works over there doing security..he's also a member here.. hope he is ok..

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is rediculous.......I don't know what this place is, but how would someone have a gun at a concert??

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I sure hope it wasn't DimeBag. His riffs are poetry. Too bad it couldn't have been Phil (I didn't just say that!). :rolleyes:

I can't believe this happened. I have been to many metal concerts and just saw simple brutality, not any murderous violence!

Rockbass, when was the last time you were at a concert? You'd be surprised what I have gotten in before (no weapons of course). But if I can get those things in, then guns shouldn't be a problem. Especially for a minor concert like Damage Plan.

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

channel 10 reported that right after the band started someone walked onto the stage and opened fire with about 16 shots.they said that 2 band members and the shooter were dead.
    can't imagine why!

6. well there was a fued between pantera and phill is now with super j ritual, and 2 others went with damage plan. i liked damage plan beter.
    from what ive herd dimebagdid get shot and may have died and the lead singer may have been shot and may be dead.

7. crappielooker

well..i hope my buddy mitch(newbreedfishing) is ok.. been trying to call him all night..still heard nothing..
    thanks for the link to their forum maan..

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Was minestry playing there tonight?

9. crappielooker

not sure jack.. i'm still trying to find out more..
    now its 5 dead.. hope he is ok...
    this sucks..

10. crappielooker

alright..talked to my buddy , he is ok..
    i'm off to bed..

11. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Looks like their site is down.

12. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

FROM MTV:

Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Damageplan and Pantera, was killed during a shooting spree at a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub Wednesday night. He was 38.

Darrell, real name Darrell Abbott, was among the five dead in the incident, including the

as-yet-unnamed shooter and two fans, Nathan Bray and Erin Halk, according to Columbus Police public information officer Sherry Mercurio.

Damageplan had just begun their first song in front of several hundred at Alrosa Villa when the gunman jumped onstage, made a comment about Pantera's breakup, and began firing at close range into Darrell's body, shooting him several times before opening fire on the crowd.

Mercurio said an officer in the vicinity heard the call of shots fired shortly after 10 p.m., snuck in the back door of the venue and confronted the gunman onstage. When the officer took the stage, he observed one victim and the gunman holding a hostage by the neck. The officer opened fire on the male suspect, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin. Mercurio said the fifth victim's name and those of the two wounded have also not yet been released. Several reports stated that the club had no metal detector, though Mercurio could not confirm that at press time and a club spokesperson could not be reached.

If the officer hadn't acted when he did and how he did, we'd probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting, said public information officer Sergeant Brent Mull. Following the incident, police took more than 200 patrons onto three city-donated buses to interview them about the shooting.

The ones that were inside and witnessed this ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives, Hull said. They are victims too, and we want to take care of them.

As news of Dimebag's tragic demise rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness.

I'm speechless, former Rob Zombie/ Ozzy Osbourne bassist Rob Blasko Nicholson said. This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a f---ing legend and this is total bullsh--. Damageplan also features Dimebag's brother, former Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul; singer Patrick Lachman and bassist Bob Zilla.

This is insane and this is beyond travesty, Killswitch Engage frontman and former Damageplan tour partner Howard Jones said. This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend.

13. catking

catking Banned

What in the heck is wrong with people nowdays...............

14. Glad to hear newbreedfishing is OK.

Just a sad story. I'm sure I'll get sent somewhere related to it...

15. Dingo

Dingo

These small clubs will need to undergo some changes -- first the great white mishap (fire), now this (gunfire). How can a small club afford to keep their patrons safe? The lawsuits should be starting soon.

How practical is it to have a small club install/rent metal detectors for the entrances with enough security to enforce those who try to carry bad things in? Since this guy supposedly entered thru the backstage area, he might not have even used the normal entrance to gain access to the building. Probably someone with experience/ties to the music business, with a grudge to settle.

16. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Man, this really is a tragedy. I have been listening to my old Pantera CDs all morning. Losing DimeBag is a real loss to the music world. Many of you might not know him, but he was a genius and a living legend. He might have been one of the 5 best lead guitars in rock history. He is up there with Eddie Van Halen, Hendrix, Satriani, Rhodes, all of them. He played a different tune, but he was just as talented, if not more. Truly a loss. I sure hope Phil Anselmo wasn't involved in some way. The former lead singer and the Abbotts had quite a feud going on. Track 10 on the Cowboy's from Hell album, Message in Blood, eerliy is too similar to what went on last night.

Rest in peace Darrell Abbott.

17. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is too sad...

Andro, I did not know how big this place was. I thought larger places would have better security checks and what not. Not putting down the security that was there, but you know what I mean. I would hope to think it was not just a fan that was mad at the break-up. That would be even worse if it were just a fan like you and me that did this. Unreal.

18. erin halk was my son's brother-in-law. erin's sister is a mess, her baby brother is dead. what a shame. he was a good kid. my grandson, only 6, is confused. his uncle is gone. this is a senless thing.

19. I still feal sick about this, i almost went to this show.
    99.7 the blitz has people calling in all day and they are playing some pnatera and damage plan.
    I wonder whats gona happen to alrosa,tickets were like 5 to 20 bucks it was a great place and now i bet there will be big changes.