close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This forum is quiet

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by KSUFLASH, Jun 24, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Ok guys, where are my fellow taxidermists? Whats your specialty?

I am into the fish mounting as a hobby.....shhhhhh, don't tell anyone I do this...haha....

Nothing feels better than catching your fish, and then taking pride in the taxidermy work that you do on it yourself.

flash---------------------------------out

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

KSU:
    What do you expect? These taxidery items are stuffed with foam or saw dust :D I expect it will open up more after fishing slows and hunting starts.

3. catking

catking Banned

Its that right Ben? You know how to do this? I've always been facinated with the ins/outs of this art. CATKING

4. I try to give myself a break from taxidermy this time of year and focus on flatheads, though I'm always studying ways to make myself better. But, as luck would have it, I get to spend my day off fleshing out a whitetail. :( Plus, I have a freezer full of thing to do for myself. I still haven't found the time to get into fish taxidermy.

5. Hey Ben , I always wanted to get into fish mounts as a hobby and was wondering how hard is it and how much equipment do you need to get into it. What most kept me out of it was the painting . I fish with a good friend Geoff Mowery who is a wildlife artist. His daughter paints fish pins which have so much detail in them you would think they were alive. After seeing what they produce I would like to try it myself in the form of fish mounts. I seen your pictures of your perch a while back and thought how cool is that to have a bunch of these mounts around the house. Than after seeing your bass in the pre-painting stage it kind of gave me spark to try doing it.....JIM

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Jim,

check your PM's.