Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, where are my fellow taxidermists? Whats your specialty?

I am into the fish mounting as a hobby.....shhhhhh, don't tell anyone I do this...haha....

Nothing feels better than catching your fish, and then taking pride in the taxidermy work that you do on it yourself.

flash---------------------------------out

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,435 Posts
KSU:
What do you expect? These taxidery items are stuffed with foam or saw dust :D I expect it will open up more after fishing slows and hunting starts.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I try to give myself a break from taxidermy this time of year and focus on flatheads, though I'm always studying ways to make myself better. But, as luck would have it, I get to spend my day off fleshing out a whitetail. :( Plus, I have a freezer full of thing to do for myself. I still haven't found the time to get into fish taxidermy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey Ben , I always wanted to get into fish mounts as a hobby and was wondering how hard is it and how much equipment do you need to get into it. What most kept me out of it was the painting . I fish with a good friend Geoff Mowery who is a wildlife artist. His daughter paints fish pins which have so much detail in them you would think they were alive. After seeing what they produce I would like to try it myself in the form of fish mounts. I seen your pictures of your perch a while back and thought how cool is that to have a bunch of these mounts around the house. Than after seeing your bass in the pre-painting stage it kind of gave me spark to try doing it.....JIM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.