close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This doesn't happen everyday..(Good Samaritan)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chuck P., May 21, 2004.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

(Cincinnati-AP) -- -- Cincinnati Reds closer Danny Graves couldn't believe it when the wallet he lost on a West Coast trip last week showed up in the mail.

A man who cleaned the team's bus in San Diego returned the wallet which had his credit cards, his driver's license and about 14-hundred dollars in cash.

Graves says the guy even exchanged the cash for traveler's checks so it wouldn't get stolen through the mail.

Graves says the man wrote saying that he borrowed 26 dollars to overnight the wallet to him.

All the man asked for in return was that Graves sign an autograph for his father.

Graves says he's going to send him a bunch of stuff -- including some of the money

2. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

That is a great story!.....Stretch

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

It is good to see occasionally isn't it, that there are yet people who realize that their personal integrity is worth more than any price.:)

4. When I was 17 I worked at a Malibu Grand Pre race place next to Anaheim stadium in Ca.. A guy got out of the race car and left, leaving behind his wallet with around $3000 of crisp 100's in it. Not trusting either of our shifty managers ( a couple of 18 year old stoners who told me they would take it. ) I stuck it in my lock tray and was going to call the guy myself. The guy returned an hour later and ask If anyone had found his wallet. I gave him his wallet, he counted his money and told his buddy all the money was still there. The two of them looked at me angrily, turned and left without a thanks. While I don't regret giving him back what was his, I do regret not calling him a dick. My managers said they would have kept it and said they didn't see it, because rich a-holes like that don't need it anyhow. Turns out they were right about the a-hole part.

5. catking

catking Banned

Action, but look at it this way. They will get their just returns later. People like you are the good guys ;) Just remember , what goes around, comes around. For everybody involved ;) CATKING

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I can honestly say that I would have done the same thing. Theres lots of us good samaritains out there :)

7. Pike

Pike

I guess you get used to that wealthy lifestyle really quickly. I know that if I had fouteen hundred dollars in my wallet I would be sweating bullets. probably checking to see if I had the wallet about every 10 minutes. Glad to hear the guy did the right thing, sounds like Graves is going to as well.

8. Pike:

EXACTLY what I was thinking! :D