close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of getting some special license plates what you think

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, May 16, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

wanted to get FISH4FUN but thats one to many letters. I can get the following

F4F OGF
    any other ideas guys.

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

"Fish4-OGF" , catchy and incorporates everything still. Plus, just having the "F" leaves a question in the viewers mind........;)

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

only alowed to have 7 letters or combination of letters and numbers. yea thought about that because i could get F 4 F if they approved it but that leaves it open for alot of imagination.

4. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

I think getting special license plates would be a good idea.

You can check on line what vanity plates are already taken at

license plates

You can't use this one cause it is taken :D

[​IMG]

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Well i went with the F 4 F plates for now you guys will know me when you see the maroon jimmy with those plates and an OGF sticker on the side.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

FSH4FUN

(maybe next time around)

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Very cool F4F...post the pics when you get em

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

someone already has the FSH4FUN but i may try for them agian later or FISH 4 FN i will post a pic it will be a couple weeks.

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

No offense but why in the world are you voluntarily giving the state more money to waste? They already raised the plate fees this year not to mention the sales tax, driver license fee, etc, etc....
    Is it worth the extra 30 bucks for strangers to think "that guy can't manage his money" when they pull up behind you (if they even notice)?

10. ShakeDown

You assume that when people see vanity plates, they think "that guy can't manage his money?"...that's a stretch. Now, if he's putting them on a 76' Matador or something, then maybe....

11. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

When people pull up behind my car and see "8 JR GIRL" I just want them to think "that girl is an obsessive nascar freak. And that I can't manage my money. ;)

12. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

fish4fun.....was thinking that might be the case.....hope you like whatever you get! :)

Ive always wanted to get IDNTCARIFYRL84WRKSTPDRVNGLKNIDIOT but its too many letters! :rolleyes:

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

never thought of it that way lewezer. And its only $10 extra dollars if you go with the 3 letters since it is only billed as an initials plate. Always wanted them and now i have $10 to waste and a new vehicle to put them on and you guys will know its me at the ramp care less what anyone else thinks about them.

14. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

You people make me laugh(no really).
    I don't assume other people think that the driver can't manage their money when they see a vanity plate but I do.
    I never have 10 bucks or 20 to waste. If I have the extra cash, I save it, invest it, give it to the Salvation Army, or do something useful with it. I would never voluntarily give it to the state.

8 JR GIRL...Don't have a clue what that means. Actually that would make me a bit nervous to have that on my car. Some people may take that the wrong way. Especially with a female driving that car. Why don't you get a Nascar sticker at the next race you attend and put it on your bumper?

I know, I'm the cheapest **'er out there. But many of you will thank me for it in a few years when I am posting fishing reports every day since I retired at 50!
    I want to get me one of those pretty yellow and red license plates that the state is giving to "special" people. I think they only cost around $1000, three days in jail and loss of driving privileges for 1 year.
    Been seeing alot of those lately, but then I DO live in Barberton.

15. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

I don't use bumper stickers. They are too permanent, and while I might be pro-nascar, osu, and what have you... the next person buying my car might not be into those things. I have decals (removable) on the window, but frankly what's money to you if you can't have fun during your life? Not just your retired life, but right now. I have a substantial savings account thank you very much, but if I'm not a total tightwad and decide to buy something for myself then so be it. Shawn will attest that doesn't happen very often. ;) I don't see where it's anyone else's business what I buy. As long as I pay my bills on time and have a nestegg to fall back on in case of hard times, I'm not hurting anyone. :p

16. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

You've got more money than most banks I know :( How do you do that? LOL.

Lewzer....if you'd keep your head out of the gutter, it wouldn't look perverted. Mine say CARP N OH Can you find something wrong with that? :D

17. Just think, if you invested that $10, in 30 years you might have $200.

But then you have to pay tax when you sell the investment. So...what now you have $150. Factor in inflation and you may have the equivalent of like $40. Now wasn't that worth it to skip those plates and funny stares from people? Now you can buy half a tank of gas for your boat!

18. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Lewzer i don't disagree with you we all must look towards retirement. But and this is a Big but. How many people have you know that are so consumed with saving for retirement that they never enjoy any time with there family or kids just looking to put money back for later. Then finally they retire at 50, 60, 75 and there health is so bad they cant enjoy it anyway. We manage our money but if i want to do something myself or with the kids we do it. Why because once the kids are raised and gone there is no going back. And who knows how long we have anyway. You know what happens while we are making plans and saying someday? Life pass you by and you look back and say I wish I had done this or that. So what if I don't retire until Iam 75 Iam going to have one Heck of a good time getting there NO REGRETS!

19. ShakeDown

I'll be retired @ 50, wife will be at 48. The best thing about my vanity plates, is it keeps her from driving my truck :) It's a redneck anti-wife device.

20. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

If I saw 8 JR GIRL I'd say there's a NASCAR fan who can't manage her money and I bet she's a lot of fun... then my wife would slap me upside the head and jolt me back to reality. I'm going to waste at least $10 on beer this weekend and drive a long way to drink it and spend at least $10 more than last time cause of the gas prices. Oh, yea, it's a graduation party so I'm sure I'll throw at least $10 bucks into the Grad kitty. You could lose you freakin' mind worrying about each and every $10, so I'm not going to. Lewzer I'll bet you $10 that when you retire you'll be so worried about your money you won't have any fun, and we'll say, " now there is a guy who can manage his money." Have it put on your tombstone." Never had any fun, but, managed his money well."