Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hmm right now the water conditions are low in some parts of Alaska, they got record snow fall and run off in the Cascades, and Big Horn Mountain Ranges. Ohio is currently in a drought! Well needless to say it will be fishing!..lol.. I wish you guys a good season. I just cant wait untill October when I go to NY I probly wont get to really fish untill then!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
We better get more rain this fall and less rain this spring than we got last season. I've been watching some youtube vids and now I'm getting pumped up!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I think the lake level being up might help the run.....I hope.....I find myself wanting chrome more and more everyday : )

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think we will have a warm, dry fall causing fishermen to complain about fishing because of the lack of rain. Following that will be a long frozen winter causing fisherman to complain about fishing because of the lack of rain in the fall and frozen streams in the winter. Following that will be a late, wet spring causing fishermen to complain about poor fishing because of the dry fall, the frozen winter and the wet spring. In other words, same old same old. :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
... you left out the fisherman complaining about Ohio not stocking a fall running fish = London strain and/or browns.

So far, the hurricane season has been very quiet. Hurricanes through the gulf in Sept/Oct often results in a few days of good rain resulting in better than average runs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
With the cool weather in the mornings it has really get me thinking about it. I just got my new breathables last week. I have full jars of every color sack. The rod is strung with new line and I have my PA license. It won't be long. I think that it going to be a good year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts