close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of buying a boat....suggestions?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by zap, Jun 9, 2005.

1. zap

zap

I was thinking to get a 12 or 14 foot jon boat for the small reservoirs around here. Charles Mill is the closest...and has a 10hp limit so don't want too much boat.

I also talked to a guy who said that he is always hearing guys say their legs are cramped when they get out of a jon boat...what do you guys think?

TIA

z

2. Check out ebay. I was just looking on there today killing some time and there are some pretty nice looking smaller boats on there.

3. After all day in a 14fter your legs will be cramped,been there many times.

4. zap

zap

5. I was just looking at it again and noticed that the reserve has not been met yet, wonder what it is? Looks to me like it would be a real nice little boat. I would bid on it if I didnt already buy a boat this spring.

6. Got a buddy that has a 14' Lund. Ive fished in it for 12 plus hours, and been on Erie and never had comfort problems. I think its all in the type of boat you have. And in my opinion jon boats are the most uncomfortable boats there are!! Just my opinion!!