Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to replace my thermostats as soon as this damn snow is gone. i got the thermostats and gaskets but i can't find any torque values. looks like the housings are made out of aluminum and im afraid if i overtighten them i might crack one. my seloc manual says to "tighten the bolts snugly" anybody have any idea where i might find the torque value or what it might be? thanks

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
im going to replace my thermostats as soon as this damn snow is gone. i got the thermostats and gaskets but i can't find any torque values. looks like the housings are made out of aluminum and im afraid if i overtighten them i might crack one. my seloc manual says to "tighten the bolts snugly" anybody have any idea where i might find the torque value or what it might be? thanks
ezbite,
I may have to start charging for merc questions:D My 2001 service manual says torque thermostat bolts to 200 lb-in, or, 16.5 lb-ft, or, 22.5 Nm. You should really consider getting a merc service manual for that engine. You can find great buys on e-bay. My last two I got for about $18 apiece (they're about $79 on the Mercury Parts Express site).

Workdog

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ezbite,
I may have to start charging for merc questions:D My 2001 service manual says torque thermostat bolts to 200 lb-in, or, 16.5 lb-ft, or, 22.5 Nm. You should really consider getting a merc service manual for that engine. You can find great buys on e-bay. My last two I got for about $18 apiece (they're about $79 on the Mercury Parts Express site).

Workdog
hey workdog, im very thankful for all your help.thanks!!

but if i got a factory manual you would only have 2 post.:D hehehe. just kidding. ok i will look into one.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Hey, I need the typing practice...;) I promise to post more when I can get out on the lake.

Workdog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts