Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was trolling today ;with about a hundred other boats] and theres a bananna peel floating along ,WHATA PIG OF A GUY?GAL THAT would put there garbage in my lake . IF I ever see these slobs I:LL turn them in.

·
Fish to enjoy time with my boy.
376 Posts
Not condonning it by any means but there are a lot of worse things that could be thrown in the lake. I agree people should not do it but I have to agree it is bio degradeable.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The cigarette butts will float along time out there Jim, that banana peel may make a seagull happy. I saw two Trumpeter Swans this week at Mosquito, they may be the same pair that passed through last fall.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Who cares, it's natural, it will be gone in no time, worry about aluminum cans and plastic, your outboard is doing much worse to that lake than a biodegradable banana peel. Sorry bud but a banana peel doesn't even warrant a rant. Would a peach seed be bad too, a piece of lettuce.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Fine every apple tree!! How dare they drop apples on the ground. A banana peel is not litter in my book, I've thrown my share of apple cores over the side of my boat.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well, the fishing was slowwwwwwwww. Yesterday it took until 11:30 for our 12 fish, today we fished until 11:00 and ended with eight Walleyes, with about five throwbacks. Too flat, too much sun. First time in the last ten days, not total limits on boat. The next big blow, will turn the big ones on. Hot n Tots and Shad Raps are working, dull colors with the sun. It was nice talking to the Game Warden today, I hope he keeps checking livewells. I took a picture of a bigger boat that was out there yesterday, by himself running four rods, as he always does, I should have showed it to him, but...
John :T

·
Registered
694 Posts
Garbage is garbage....One time I took a teenager fishing at Salt Fork and he was consuming pop all day long but at the end of the day there were no empty cans on board so I asked him what the hell he did with them and he replied that he held them in the water until they filled up and sank and he must of had 6-7 of them. So when we got the boat on the trailor I made him pick up all the garbage at morning glory launch...He was pissed but I think he may have learned a lesson.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What about all the lures you have lost over the years in that lake. Jig heads, cranks, rubber worms, etc. Think about the pounds and pounds of lead that you have littered into the water. That banana peel aint hurting nothing except your eyes.

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Lot of talk for a banana peel. I feel it's littering also . Can't say i havn't thrown a apple core or two myself. But come on . How would you all feel comeing home from work and finding some slob threw banana peels in your front lawn . Bet half of you would be po'ed . I agree it's bio but just as easy to take out with you .

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think the message here is clear.....LITTERING SUCKS! Where I fished last week, along the north shore just east of the 43 boat ramp at Mogadore, was covered in trash from shore fisherman....I take that back, I can't call them people fisherman who litter like that, Idiots who fish from shore. There were over 20 bottles of molson either on the bank or in the water, discarded lawn chairs, buckets, old bait containers, bags of fast food trash....You can tell they carry the stuff in to make their stay enjoyable, but are too damn lazy to carry it out.

When I see shore fisherman, I want to politely ask them to take their trash with them, but I'm affraid they will take it wrong and prompt more littering out of spite.

I'd like to see more wildlife officers on patrol. Even if they just snap a pic of people and ask them their name, then tell them that if the place they are fishing from is littered up ...they have your pic and name on file. Littering should be an instant loss of fishing license. How about citizens arrest, citizens arrest!

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,956 Posts
back on march 24th of this year myself and several OGF'ers spent the better part of our saturday cleaning up the causeway. out of the 70 plus garbage bags we filled up i don't remember one banana peel, peach seed or apple core. yes it looks bad, but it will be gone by next week. what pisses me off is all the beer bottles and empty bait containers. if it really bothers you that much, just pick it up:D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
;) I am so glad no one brought this up!! That must mean that no one urinates into Mosquito, FROM WHICH MY DRINKING WATER COMES!! Thank you all!! I could tolerate a banana peel, but if any of you were dumping urine into my water supply, I would be PISSED!!!!:T

1 - 20 of 40 Posts