Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
1,765 Posts
Bigbass has plenty of friends here who follow his posts.

It's easier for him to post in one place and give others an invite. He who has the knowledge, has the right to pass it out any way they choose.

Rickerd

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
....Or, you can author some conversations here yourself and try to wake up this dead NWO forum. At least he's making an effort to aggregate some active people to discuss fishing.
Your missing my point. But me starting conversation clearly hit a nerve with you for whatever reason

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Bigbass has plenty of friends here who follow his posts.

It's easier for him to post in one place and give others an invite. He who has the knowledge, has the right to pass it out any way they choose.

Rickerd
Never once said he doesnt have knowledge to share. Most of us do. Most of us also have things to contribute but most people are not going to join other sites to engage in one topic when it could just be shared here. Copy and paste goes a long way. Could easily being it here instead of trying to send people somewhere else

·
Angler/ Sportsman
183 Posts
Agree that there should be more Big Largemouth; but my P.B.came in East Harbor 24 inch 8.3lb. Have caught 2 others over 7; so there are 'big' (by our standards) Largemouth to be caught in Lake erie and not just in harbors and channels. River mouths, entrances to launches and Rip rap shorelines even weed beds in open water have all produced. Just my personal experience and .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The zebra mussels cleaned the water and light and heat reached the bottom to produce weeds.Weeds are structure for bait fish and a hide out for fingerlings.Every year the large mouth bass are spreading out.I think in a few years you will see a 10plus pound large mouth bass come out of Lake Erie.There is a ton of food in the lake it's just a matter of time.

·
Angler/ Sportsman
183 Posts
The zebra mussels cleaned the water and light and heat reached the bottom to produce weeds.Weeds are structure for bait fish and a hide out for fingerlings.Every year the large mouth bass are spreading out.I think in a few years you will see a 10plus pound large mouth bass come out of Lake Erie.There is a ton of food in the lake it's just a matter of time.
Snagless. I agree, Largemouth are not just in Harbors, Channels and traditional haunts. They are moving into main lake areas Andi believe with the vast amount of prey( Gibbs, crawfish, spinners..) that size will keep increasing. Even on recent FLW tourney, last day was confined to Sandusky Bay and quality fish were still caught.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Largemouth have a short growing season on Erie. Smallmouth prefer cooler water than largemouth and feed more actively at cooler water temps than a largemouth will.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lake Erie largemouth are northern strain largemouth
They don't get as big as their southern cousins. 7 lbers are very rare anywhere north of the turnpike.
Didn't it take a while for the state record Largie to be confirmed because it went to a couple different labs to test and make sure somebody didn't dump one from Florida into the pond or something?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Didn't it take a while for the state record Largie to be confirmed because it went to a couple different labs to test and make sure somebody didn't dump one from Florida into the pond or something?
Yes the op of this thread also posted another link about the state record. It was a northern strain. But that's one rare fish.

I think the cooler waters play a roll. But like said with the amount of food available, all the spots to roam,with a little luck who knows.....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
This is a good topic, I as well think there is some underlying reason there are not trophy largemouth in abundence on Erie. More should be caught than are. Plentiful backwaters and limitless forage, I honestly dont know why a 10 lber isnt caught every year. There is def something to this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts