close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The weekend opener

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by WalleyeGuy, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Spent the weekend working over Killbuck Marsh area.
    Did fairly good both days.
    Here is a few pictures for you to enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Killbuck Suday Hunt, Pass shooting

Attached Files:

3. My new blind buddy Andy with his first ducks.
    A Drake Woodie and a hen Mallard.

Attached Files:

4. Nice looking ducks :) what are you going to do with them :confused: :)

5. We going to let them stiffen up with their wings open, then have a lawn dart tourny.
    No, serious, we pan fry the woodies, they the best eatin duck around this area

6. I Usedd To Love To Hunt Thse Things, But I Only Found A Couple That I Liked To Eat, So I Messed With Them, And Found Out That I Love Them Made Into Jerky. Both Mallards And Geese Are Great Made Into Jerky. I Need To Get My Stamps For My Son And Take Him Out For His First Ducks......later......tony

7. My buddy has found a great recipie for jerkey made with goose, as good or better than anything from a store. I like most ducks too much to make into jerkey. Every once in awhile we get a mallard or other "good eating duck" that has a strong liver/gizzard taste. I think usually it is the result of over cooking. We have learned to smell the meat when we clean the birds, we can often pick out birds that will have a strong "rich" taste.

Unfortunately, I don't get as many birds as I would like so i don't get to experiment as much as I want! Other ways we like 'em are marinated and cooked on the grill, medium rare and I also will dress the birds and pluck, brine for a day or so and then smoke them, brushing with some maple syrup/cayenne to get a good coat on the skin.

Eye4neye- good luck if you go out this weekend with your son.