close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the week of 9/20

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Sep 21, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Well went out yesterday after work, hit the ole river for 4 hrs. and caught some nice ones. Great start to my 4 days carping.The added current flow has turned them on pretty good.
    Im heading out this evening with a few other carpers..should be a great time.

Thurs. & Fri. im heading out with OCC Dave for some night fishing..awesome cool nights this week...were hopin for some BIG'UN's.

keep ya posted,

Scott

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

You got me thinking, if Salmoid can't go cattting tonight for a couple hours, I may go carpin. There is a very smallc reek 5 minutes away from me, with visible carp in the 20# range. Pretty Snakey and I hate snakes, but I may try it out. If not tonight, I may chum it in the morning on my way into work then hit it for a couple hours on Thur.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey good luck if you go...small stream carping is a blast, used to do it when i lived pretty close to a creek full of them when i was growing up.

Let me know how ya do.

Scott

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Whats the best chummin stuff? I was going to use canned corn & raid the cabinets & fridge. I figure they are small creek carp so they probally wont be too picky.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

[​IMG]Man what a great week of carping.
    I hit 3 out of 4 days off...finished with a great trip with Dave yesterday evening.
    Biggest of the week came yesterday before dark and it was 23 lbs.
    We saw so many fish rolling and cruisin the banks as the river was on the rise it was'nt funny.
    Planned to get up and hit it again at daybreak today, but the storms kept up away...too bad because we chummed the area hard before we left last night.
    I think Dave might have snuck in after the rains, i'll talk to him later on to see how he did.

Well its back to work for me tonight.
    Heres a few i uploaded to the sight.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

My big one of the week:

[​IMG]

Hope everyone else had a great week...my total for the year is OVER 450 carp and i added one more carp over 20 lbs.

Around 50 carp for this week as well.

Scott