Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Today I went out on O'Shay to see what I could see. There are no fish left there. I went north, I went south, I went west into Twin Lakes, I went down to the Zoo. I threw half the stuff in my 4 tackle boxes and didn't get a single hit. I started heading back to the ramp from Twin Lakes on the west side and I am fishing real slow. Don't you know it, I stinking carp about 30" long breaks water like a darn whale right alongside the boat. Scared the living poop out of me. But I did see that it was a Carp, and how big it was.

What the heck makes them jump like that? There were NO bugs that I could see on the water at all. Now there WERE a whole mess of LARGE trees and logs floating around the whole lake. I wouldn't put it up on "plane" for that reason. Just motored along nice and easy wherever I went.

UNTIL I SAW THE VIKINGS

NOW I KNOW YOU'RE ALL GOING TO SAY IT MUST BE THE OXYCOTYN I AM TAKING FOR THE BROKEN ELBOW AND I WAS HALUCINATING.

NOT!!!

Here's the proof.

They were yelling at me so I motored over close to them and they were asking me, Where are your Monesteries at, and "where are all your women".

Well, come to find out there is a big gathering of Renisance things in Ashville, OH this weekend and they were practicing sailing the Viking Ship.

We're going to go. It is free and all kinds of "stuff" to do and food too.

·
Keep'n It Reel
1,543 Posts
This could only happen to you Steve! Ill bet if they were spider riggin they woulda found some crappies. Is the river that busted up or is it fishable, what would you say the water clarity was?

Sowbelly

·
Super Moderator
3,928 Posts
if you were at battle it would have been good to have pigsticker on board as a shield.

in battle there is no law

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
This could only happen to you Steve! Ill bet if they were spider riggin they woulda found some crappies. Is the river that busted up or is it fishable, what would you say the water clarity was?

Sowbelly
Hey buddy, the river was a little stained. Not muddy as yet because I think there will be more washing down from up north tonight and tomorrow. But it is VERY fishable. I could see my lures at least 10" down.

Marked a bunch of big fish out in front of Twin Lakes on the shallow spot and also another couple of spots I won't talk about here. Tried several lures and baits with NO takers though.

But keep in mind that I fish O'Shay at least 3 times a week, maybe four and I know where the water marks should be. The river was at LEAST 3 ft higher than normal. AT LEAST.

It was a really tough fishing trip being that high.

I will say this;

BEWARE OF THE TREES AND LOGS FLOATING AROUND AND SUBMERGED.

I wouldn't go up on plane like I said before because of there being so many of them. I was real careful and still "brushed" against some that I couldn't see. So watch out if you go. Are you going tomorrow? I would be interested in meeting you there if you want. Haven't seen you in a couple years man.

Catch ya later.:D

·
"EYE" DOCTOR
272 Posts
Ive seen miedeval reinactments before and they are quite fascinating but ive never seen Vikings on the lake. Thanks for a great laugh!

I thought you were kidding until i saw the pictures. What are the odds of having Vikings and a camera?

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[QUOTE="EYE" DOCTOR;448169]Ive seen miedeval reinactments before and they are quite fascinating but ive never seen Vikings on the lake. Thanks for a great laugh!

I thought you were kidding until i saw the pictures. What are the odds of having Vikings and a camera?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we went to the gathering they had down in Ashville. It was great. Lots of fun and things to do there for the kids. Lily had a ball. That's what it's all about after all, right?

Always carry a camera in the boat or in the tackle bag. I love to take pictures of net throwers and snaggers and their license plates too.
Also take pics of any fish I MIGHT catch.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts