Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this in the lounge,but just thought i'd add it to the proper forum too.

misfit and the toad(the two amigos)made the first trip of the year,to the big pond on saturday,with a minimum of their usual "mishaps)
things have slowed fro the previous week,with fish harder to come by.from the radio chatter,we could tel many others were having trouble locting fish,along with some that were doing well.
we were among the former(at least for the first 6 hurs).
then we(or should say fred)stumbled onto the the trick to turn things around.we'd tried every way we could think of,to fish vibes and jigs,to no avail.
finally fred was into fish.action wasn't fast and furious,but we managed to boat 5 before quitting for the day.
they all came on purple hair jigs,tipped with shiners,which we'd been using all day.but what finally turned things our way,was fred's unorthodox way of hooking them.the conventional way hadn't worked all day,so he rigged a shiner "bassakwards,and immediately had a fish on
by the time i figured out what he was doing,it was getting late,but i did put one decent fish in the boat in short order,with the change-up.

lessons learned.....................
1-don't believe the weatherman(i already know this,but it was reaffirmed when the weather turned out much better than predicted)

2-don't stick to traditional mehods when they're not working.

3-don't give your buddy the only bait that's catching fish because he didn't have the foresight to buy his own

4-also already known,but reaffirmed...............it don't get no better than spending a day on the water,catching fish,and sharing the time with a good friend

ps.................even if he does outfish you with the bait you gave him

here's fred's first erie eye of the year.

Attachments

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,481 Posts
Good job Amigos!
What?, no using Geritol for fish juice?? :D :D
We had a tough bite up there Friday as well.
Really had to work for them.
Its stiil the best Walleye lake around though.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Glad you had fun Rick.

Any trouble finding any other boats (fishing area) on the lake when you came out Turtle into the lake? :D

Kim

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
lol Lundy.....Id never been up that way before, and when we came around and saw all the boats, I was just like WOW.......look at all them boats holy s...

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Nice going Gent's. Glad you had a sucessful trip. Ruggles will turn on soon and then you can stay for two days and take home 24 fish as long as you do it the non-Craig way. :D

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys.
lew,no geritol juice,but the fish left plenty of their "go juice in th bottom of the boat ;)
and you're right about it being the best.whenever i go up(fish or no fish)it's almost like going to heaven.

kim,it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be,but suffice it to say we weren't alone,lol.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
one of these days ill go to heaven...i hope!!!then ill have my 20 footer and all the eyes i can eat,,,with no darn limits....lol

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron,that's what we're waiting for.with the gas prices,we figure to make fewer trips,but do the overnighter,and still come out ahead.
we'll definitely try to avoid the getting "craiged" :eek: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts