close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Steelers finally have a superstar QB!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Oct 22, 2004.

1. With the 11th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select : QB from Miami of Ohio, Ben Roethlisberger

I still can’t believe that 10 other teams passed on this kid! Don't waste a pick on a MAC QB. Don't draft a QB from Miami of Ohio, No player from Miami of Ohio has ever played in the NFL. Think that he has changed their mind? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7816052

Four starts = Four wins

Four starts = Four Rookie of the Week awards

A lock for Rookie of the year

Last week he wins AFC player of the week

2nd highest passer rating in the AFC, 4th in the NFL

What does Ben have to say about his success? :“Awards are nice, but to me they are just little things," said Roethlisberger. The best reward we can get is winning football games and winning a Super Bowl. When we get those, then I will be happy.”

2. Rooster,

Are you Ben's proud father or just his PR man?:D If I did not know better I would say you were a Miami of Ohio fan.

Oh by the way, he is turning out to be a pretty decent player.;)

3. Sorry! I guess that it was a little over the top.

But, I have suffered through Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O’Donnell, Mike Tomczak, and I can hardly even say it…….Kordell Stewart. If the Steelers had a QB like Ben in the 90’s, it would not be considered the Cowboys decade!

4. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

The memories...Make 'em stop.... :(

The Steelers are officially reborn. ;) :D

5. I am a Miami Redhawk season ticket holder and now a Steeler fan! If the pro team in my area wasn't the worst professional franchise ever(Bungles), it might be a hard switch of allegiances, but since the Bengals have not tried to be good for fourteen years it makes it an easy transition. I knew Ben would be a good pro when I saw him as a freshman, but it certainly has happened faster than any one thought!
    By the way Ben is going to be at Miami's homecoming game tomorrow night!

Go Redhawks and Steelers!

6. Rooster,

Nice post, Ben is the man! I am a Miami REDSKIN ('84) and a lifelong Steeler fan. However, you are incorrect that no Miami player has ever played in the NFL. Some good productive players I can think that many football fans would recognize are Rob Carpenter & Sherman Smith from the middle 70's, Bob Babich from the late 60's (an All-Pro I believe, even if it was with the hated cleveland browns), and currently Trevor Gaylor (Falcons) and Jacob Bell (Titans). There are others if you research it, these just came to mind.

STEELERS FOREVER, browns s*ck