close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Shield or 24

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 26, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Anyone else watch FX's "The Shield" or Fox's "24"?

Both of them hve me hooked right now. I missed season #1 of "24" but ever since I'm gued to the TV, now I was a big fan of the Shield when it 1st started then stopped, now a few weeks ago I started again & hooked again. This next week should be big weeks for both shows.

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have not watched the Shield.....However, I am hooked on 24 Love it. One show that I actually get into when I am watching it. I saw maybe 2 episodes of the first season, but have only missed I think 1 this time around......I am stuck on it!

3. H2O Mellon

I thought Clowey was a goner last week. I think this is actually the 3 maybe 4th season. I think 3rd I missed the 1st season, but everything afterwards has me hooked.

4. man i never watched the shield then i saw the season premier of season 3 and was hooked. one of my buddies had the first two seasons on DVD and borrowed them that night. That might have been my least productive week ever. I watched both seasons in only a few days, had all my roomates and our girlfriends over all day and night watching those things. I'm too cheap to spring for cable so I make sure to stay at my girlfriends tuesday nights. This season is a lot better so far than last. nothing will beat the first though.

5. H2O Mellon

I thinkw/ the 1st they made Mackie too bad, too corrupt, like when he shot that cop in the 1st or 2nd episode. I think him how he is now. I didnt think I;d like Glenn CLose, but man she is doing great!

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

ok then show's how much I know. I just knew there was a season on last fall. ;)

yeah I thought she was gone. I think that is what keeps me and I am sure a lot of people into it. The fact that you will get to thinking one way and think you have it figured out. then if will switch on you. I was thinking the new president was in with the terrorists there for a second because he was not allowing what needed to be done to go on........until this last episode that is. I thought I had it nailed until this time!

7. H2O Mellon

Man 24 will make you do that, plus just beacuse someone is a "main"character that doesnt mean they will be aroung long, in season 2 lots of "main" characters died, made you guessing at what was going to happen next. Those final 30 seconds when they say "Scenes from next week" ruin me. I'm so ready for 9PM next Monday its not even funny.

8. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

I am die hard for the Shield, next weeks should be a great episode

9. jfout

jfout 25 lber, I'm gloating

Have been watching The Shield since it started, also watch Nip and Tuck , and Rescue Me (also a great show). FX makes some good series.

10. I didn't watch 24 until this year. I still haven't seen this season's shows, but I rented the DVDs and watched the first three seasons in about 4 1/2 weeks. It was that good. I'd come home from work with the idea of watching one episode, but the hooks were so good at the end that I'd end up watching three or four every night.
    I can't wait for this season to come out on DVD.

11. JCS

JCS Member

i have been watching the shield since day 1 and love it. your right pharley next week should be a classic.

12. I don't watch too much TV. Mostly History, Natural Geo, Science Channel, etc.

I have, and will never, miss an episode of "The Shield". I've been watching since day one as well. It's nice because they play the episode 3 times a week. If you're busy and can't catch it, you can catch it later.

GREAT show!!!!!!

13. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That's what I wish they would do with 24, but Fox is a little larger and they have more program's, so I am guessing that is why they do not replay episodes.

14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I enjoy them both. I just watched 24 for the first time on Monday. I do have to say the woman whom went to the terrorist girlfriends house near the end of the show on Monday is a TERRIBLE actor. If the rest of the show wasn't so good, I wouldn't watch based on acting ability - or should I say lack there of.

15. catking

catking Banned

Three shows I will not miss: 24 , Kojak & The Jeff Corwin Experiance on the animal planet...............THE CATKING !!!

16. H2O Mellon

CLOWEY.... She is/was a comedian in reality I guess. You'd have to watch from the beginning of the series, thats just teh way her character is.

17. 24 is good but turns into a little bit of a soap sometimes, but I still watch for the suspense of it all.
    The Shield is awesome, I think the best show on TV over the past 3 years.
    I also like " House ", The second half of The Contender every week is good and of course South Park.

18. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Yes that was her name, I knew I recognized her from somewhere else. Man she is terrible.