Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hit hoover yesterday morn. what a great day to be out!!!
2 s-eyes 1 was 17in the othger a dink. lost a good one at the boat.
10in crappie and then a small pearch. then i see the gulls...so i fire up the boat.... i can't tell you how many i caught!!!the bite was on for a good hour and a half!!!FUN!!!! they all ran about 7-12in.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they see the shad that the whitebass are feeding on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i know offshore fisherman think gulls are good. they follow them because that's where the fish are. wouldn't it be the same for freshwater? i really have no idea just wondering.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i was out following the Gulls on Saturday and caught a bunch. The Saugeye, were they caught north or south of RedBank, I have only caught them north this year.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
south in about 10 to 15 foot of water. they didnt seem to care about color.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
i was at lake erie a couple of years ago fishing from a peer when i noticed a large group of gulls swimmign and flying around about 100 yards down from me so i walked down and first cast bam, whitie. it was every cast for a good 2 hours was nuts i bet between 4 of us we caught close to 400 i caughso many that the paint wore off my jig head and then the hook came out of the lead. was an awsome time

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CatchFeesh i've donr that!!!! when they get bunched up like that they will go after ANYTHING....lol
but it ssooo much fun..i call it runin and gunin for whitebass. i know where i'll be sunday:D

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
scott,if you're not using them,don't forget the vibes and spoons;)
those are my favorites for hitting those schools.just cast and start retrieve as soon as they hit the water.give it the stop/go.pump and let it fall on tight line.they'll crush those things and almost take the rod out of your hand:D
i've thrown jigs,spinners and roadrunners at them,but the vibes and spoons are much more fun.and when they sound,just let the bait fall till you hit them again.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that all i use for them rick..thanks to you :D....
and they do hit so hard that they just about jerk the rod right out!! i hope to get into them this weekend....lol way to much fun!!!!
how you doin you old/young fart!!! :D

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
how you doin you old/young fart!!!
not great,but nothing a little white bass busting wouldn't cure;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts