close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Rock

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by allspecies, Oct 20, 2004.

1. how's the mighty Rock fishing this week?? went to Vermillion on Sunday and did pretty well with minnows...was hoping to give the RR a try on Friday

2. Dingo

Dingo

Friday should be o.k. Today was nearly perfect -- good flow, good fish, no crowds. Had nearly two miles of shoreline without seeing another fisherman. Just like the "old days". Connected with most fish in the deeper holes and runs.

3. sweet...can't wait for tomorrow. what are they biting on for you? I use mainly eggs and minnows...

4. Dingo

Dingo

Since I was doing a lot of walking/scouting with the dog, I travelled light -- polarflash jig/maggot. Fly rod seemed like too much work at the time. Leaves began to be enough of a problem where spoons/cranks/spinners might not have worked too easily.

5. Dingo, how far are you fishing at this point? - Just trying to gage my trips and what will be the most productive.
    hope to see you up there
    ying

6. Dingo

Dingo

Check your PMs. There are steelhead throughout the river, just not in real great numbers, yet.

7. next solid rain and it will get crazy....feel free to PM me any advice!! I'm a respectful C/R fisherman, unlike most of the guys in the river. If my buddy doesn't call off work today so we can take the boat out, I'll be down there all afternoon.

8. Thanks dingo, this time of year things start really getting fun. I just started the hog hunt down here for the eyes.. needs to get a little colder and good things will start happening.