close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Road

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ichabod, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Ichabod

Ichabod Ghost

This is a true story, it happened to my girlfriend and me one summer long, long ago.

We decided to stay up all night and because we just graduated from school. Many of the local kids went to the park to hang out and we ended up there too. For around 3 hrs, we drank and laughed until we tired of it and left at about 2:30 a.m. After that, we went to my friend Shovelhead's barn to hang out for a while. We called him shovelhead because when he was a little kid, he fell from the hay loft and landed face first right on manure shovel. He got a busted nose out of it and sported a couple of black eyes for most of the summer that year. It kinda made him dizzy in the head too…the name just stuck.

We were sitting out in front of the barn on bails of hay and Shovelhead mentioned that he knew about a place about a half-hour away that was scary because there were supposed to be ghosts there or something. I thought he was full of it, but decided we might as well go--Hey! It was something to do! Anyway, we hopped into my car and off we went into the dark night. Well, we drove for like 45 minutes and Shovelhead was kinda lost; he knew where we were supposed to turn onto this one road and we did, but he wasn't sure where the next turnoff was. Well, like I said, we drove for like 45 minutes and we decided to stop for a minute and look at the map I had in my glove compartment. I got out my trusty lantern and map and we spread the map on the hood of the car. According to the map, there was no road where he said there was, but it was a dirt road and probably just not big enough to put on a map.

So, we got back into the car, and turned around to go back. When we drove back, the turnoff was there. Of course, it was late and we probably just missed it. Well, we turned down this road and it was lined with tall trees that made it really dark. Shovelhead hadn't really told me what was up with the ghosts or anything just that something spooky was here.

I went to light a smoke, but dropped my lighter. After fumbling around trying to feel for my lighter on the floor, I looked over at Shovelhead, he was all pale, and staring straight ahead; he didn't say a word. So I looked out of the front window and there floating around the car were these cloud like things. They kind of looked like fog. They were shaped like…I guess they looked like people. Then, they took shape better and they were definitely people. They looked like gypsies or something.

I am not sure really, what they were supposed to be. Idiot that I am, I slammed on the brakes and then tried to turn the car around to get the heck out of there. They came through the windshield partially and there were three of them, I just totally froze. Then we started hearing these whispering voices "Death will come to you" and "You will be cursed to live on in undeath like us under our control". It was like chanting in our heads.

The car stalled and the lights went dim, but those things were still there chanting, "Death will come to you" "You will be cursed to live with the undead" We got out of the car and my girlfriend and I ran back toward the main road and shovelhead ran the other way. The ghosts followed poor Shovelhead while he screamed, "Help, Please someone" and after a couple of minutes, we heard this hideous shriek "AHHHHRRRGGG" then silence.

After running for what seemed like hours, we got back to the main road and kept running. A car drove up from behind us. I thought maybe Shovelhead got my car started and was coming to get us, but it was some other guys we knew. They said it looked like we were in some kind of trance. One of them shook me and another one shook my girlfriend and we snapped out of it, we were scared half to death, but the ghosts were gone.

The next day I went back to find my car with a couple of buddies. We drove up and down that road for hours looking for the dirt road where my car was. We stopped near the spot where I thought the road was and got out of the car. I walked for a while and in the distance, I saw a shimmer of light…the sun reflecting off something. We walked into the woods a couple hundred feet and there it was, my car was in the middle of the woods.

My buddies said "How in the heck did you drive your car in here?" I said, "There was a road, I swear, there was a road. There were no tire tracks, no brush knocked down, but most of all…NO ROAD!!!.

Nobody ever heard from Shuvlhed again....except for me.

Every Halloween night I have the exact same dream about driving out to the same place again and Shovelhead is there killing the guys who 'saved' us from the ghosts. In the dream, the ghosts are above me and Shovelhead is telling me to join them, he shouts in these hideous shrieks "Death will come to you", "You will be cursed to live on in undeath like us under our control"

2. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I cracked a smile when you started off misspelling my name, but I see at the bottom you finally got it right. But you forgot the "1"

By the way, the best way to tell that this story is untrue is that I would have knocked you and your girlfriend flat to the ground while I ran away! :D

By the way, maybe you should cut back on the drinking, ya know, driving into the woods and all. ;)

3. Since he fell face first on a manure shovel, I was thinking of another name....Oh, what was the name of Steve Martin's dog in the movie
    "The Jerk"....hmmm, oh well, it'll come to me.

Well written.

4. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

That's a real original name he's got there. It's ashamed he's killed me already or he could use me as the *** in all his stories. :D

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

He said you were a ghost, you could always come back like hamlet's father!

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I can't wait to hear what you tell him in his dream this Halloween night!! :D ...like where the buried treasure is, or something!! Of course guarded though by Ring Wraithes or something.:eek: