close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The REAL Flu

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tee, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I hardly ever get sick. I've had a stomach "flu" before where you get sick all of the time and can't keep anything down. But that is usually gone in a day or so. I always thought that was the flu. I was wrong.

Friday morning I wake up and the top of my throat was a little sore so I think no big deal. I start to get an acky feeling all over by 10 am. By 2pm I leave work with a little temperature. By 9pm I have a temperature of 103 and I am hurting. I think, I can't wait until this is over. Well here it is the 4th day of feeling like crap. The Doc says its the flu. It usually lasts for 3 to 5 days. I guess I have never got the REAL flu before. I feel miserable.

2. Man, hope you feel better soon. I had a little spell of the flu myself and now I have some sort of bronchitis thingy I'm trying to get rid of.

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I hope you get better Tee.
    I have had it twice this year!

4. catking

catking Banned

I hear alot of people say they have the flu or a touch of the flu ;) Both are myths. You can't have a touch of the flu and you wouldn't be talkin to me saying you have the flu . You would be home in bed wishing you were dead. I had the " real" flu once and it was back in the mid 1980's , when the Tawain Flu was going around. I couldn't even get up to call my brother on the phone to say I couldn't work . The flu will make you feel like you are really dying. And you cannot work.......... Good luck Tee ;) .CK

5. Been there done that,hope you get better soon!Daryl

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Get better Mr T, its almost fishing time. I had it once put me down for 3 days like king said you wish you were dead its so bad when you really get it.

7. my avatar just came down with the flu

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Tee, I hope you get well quickly.Been there also, got it Sunday afternoon onceand ended up calling off work the entire next week- one day at a time. :( Spent a whole week on the couch.

- avatar...:D Nice, and gross! (don't look Tee! It might put you over the edge.)
    Cleaned those up before!
    About the worst sound to hear at 3:30 am. coming from the kids room!:(

9. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Oh man isn't that the truth. It is amazing what you will do when your kids are sick. Both of mine are just getting over it, nothing like catching a gallon of puke :eek: in your hands and lap as your wife is scrambling for a trash can!
    Hope you feel better soon! :)

10. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I've had a stupid cold for 8 days now and was feeling bad but you guys made me feel better since I wasn't even close to that bad. Hope you feel better Tee.

11. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

I definitely have some version of a bad cold as well. It seems to be going around. I'm congested, have a cough, my mouth is always dry, fever, and a constant headache. On top of that my teachers still want me to go to classes!! I think i've hit the bottom though and am back on the upswing of things...i hope at least!

12. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i had the flu back in november and was off work for 4 days . now i have it again and am on my second day off work. this is the first time i ever had it twice in one season.

13. My flu story....

When I was in collage, one Saturday morning I woke up with the worst hangover ever. Upset stomach, diarrhea, projectile vomiting, headache, muscle cramps, and huge temperature fluctuations. I was truly miserable. My girlfriend (now my wife) wanted to take me to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. My two roommates were giving me all kinds of grief as they were out drinking with me the night before and were fine. This lasted the entire day, and I still felt just as bad the next morning. I swore off all alcohol forever!
    My roommates had went out drinking that Saturday night, and John (roommate #2) woke up with a hangover that was very similar to mine on Sunday. Same symptoms, and now we were both getting grief from Rick (roommate #3).
    Of course, Rick went out again on Sunday night, and Monday he had the mother of all hangovers!

Still sick, I called home on Monday. I found that my little sister (about 1 year old at the time) had the flu, and both of my parents were now sick. I had made a trip home Friday after classes, and must have caught the same bug from my little sister.

To this day, whenever I have a few beers with one of my old roommates, we are very cautious of the contagious hangover!

14. catking

catking Banned

It's freakin lureboy 98 :eek: :eek: ............... Did ya think I wouldn't see ya :cool: .THE CATKING !!!

15. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

Yeah well i came out of retirement a bit to kick your butt!!!

16. catlover

catlover Banned

99% of all stomach flu is food posiing

17. Wish you did not bring it up,I have not been sick in 2yrs.Now I got it,worked an 1hr this am,had to go home :( Man this stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hang in there Truck. I'm just getting over it. :( Felt fine at 9:00Pm friday night. 2:00AM saturday morning, BLECH. Can't even get up for 15 mins now and have to lay back down. 0 energy. This is the first time I've had this type of flu in about 9 years. Guess I've been fortunate. My family had it about 4 months ago and I avoided it.