close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the pike hate me..

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ranger4x4, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Went back out to chip creek again (6-9:30) to try at some cats or pike and caught a durn bluegill and some mosquitoes. But watched a father and his three sons fishing and of course one of his sons catches a small northern pike. I swear the fish was laughing its toothy mouth off at me as he pulled it outta the water. It's ok though, soon as I get my boat/canoe/floatingfishcatcher they'll have no where to hide :D

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Sounds like you have a pretty neat spot! Give it time and change up your presentations and bait. If it is pike you are after, I have found that loud/flashy lures that cause a ruckus work very well alot of times when others do not. Don't be afraid to put a shiner or nightcrawler as a trailer as well. Sometimes the more commotion you create, the better it is! :) Pike get "mad" at disturbances. :mad:

My 2 cents... Sometimes Pike just won't be caught, though :( Tough fish to master.

3. I live near the chip creek. What kind of fish are in there and is it worth fighting all those skeeters off?

4. Well, lately it hasnt been much worth fighting the bugs, but my friend did catch a channel cat last night that was about 26". He also had something break his 30# spiderwire off. Both were after dark, and were the only thing large we caught from 6pm friday to 2am saturday morning. It holds channel cats, bullheads, bowfin, bass, pike, bluegill and carp. Probably other fish, I just haven't caught them yet. Lookin like rain today too so my 4 days straight of fishing will probably end today.