close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Perch Trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Thanks to all who attended. I hope you had fun. I especially want to thank Dave's Bait and Tackle for generously donating the rod & reel combo, minnow bucket, and some tackle for giveaways. Also, to twistertail who donated the perch rigs. And to OGF member and fellow administrator Ruminator, who purchased the minnows for EVERYONE on the boat. Thanks Jim. Captain Tim of the Irish Drifter put us on the fish and got us catching. They weren't that big, but they'll eat. We took 671 perch out, not bad. My hands still hurt from all the reeling. LOL. It was fun sitting next to bigmanfishing(Joe) and Walleyeguy(Owen) and his guest. Our side of the boat was doing fairly well, and I hope everyone caught fish.

If anyone wants to experience perching and you don't have a boat, the headboats are the way to go. You'll have fun, that's for sure.

Anyway, just wanted to get caught up on the thank yous and put up something on th etrip. I think it was a success. Stretch, you don't know what you missed, buddy. The seminar went GREAT too. :D :D :D

[​IMG]

2. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

thank BIG DADDY for the helping hand when a big man such as myself :D needed helping hand every now than you was there buddy :) my guest an I had a great time on the perch trip they said OGF is great place to be an they will be joinin soon.and for me to give everybody on the ogf team big you for a great weekend. thanks(joe)

3. Yes we had a good time also,& thanks to all that made it all happen.daryl

4. Did any of you use the perch rigs on Sunday? I would like to know how they worked since I have only been able to use them once. Any problems with them. Thanks for any feedback.

5. I did not use them, not sure about the others. I used crappie rigs, others had spreaders. I did hand them out though. I have another perch trip this weekend with the SSA so I may try one then. I'll let you know.

6. Twistertail most of the people using spreaders were rigged with just line & hook.The rigs looked great & should do good also,the fish just seemed to like them without spinners that day :confused: tell your Dad thanks from all of us!! daryl

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

8. Not sure about sunday,but the trip we were on saturday there was a guy that sounded like a bear was on board :eek: I think that was the worst case of cumming I have ever seen.He had to be the happiest man on the panet to set foot on land :D

9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Shake, Carl said not on our trip. He said everyone did fine.

10. No, we had two chummers. One guy was puking all day. They got reeeeeeeeellly drunk the night before. Funny how 2-4's compund the problem. LOL. The one guy said he learned his lesson, at least until next time. LOL

Anyway, they rode it out well and even fished a little between heaves. :eek:

I didn't photograph it though.

11. I was using spreader with sppiners and caught 30 singels , my son caught two3 doubles with green spinners so spinners worked very well , had a great time .I have eaten half of my 30 already, need to go agin dannoll

12. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Hey everyone, I was really glad to hear that your trip went so well. That makes it worth all the planning that Lynda and I put into it. It looks like it would be well received to plan another one next year.;) It sounds like it was a great way to end the weekend of the HawgFest.
    Thanks Carl, for the kind words, it was Lynda and I's pleasure to supply the minnows.

- Rumi

13. Glad you all had a good time, sorry I missed it. If any of you used the perch rigs or do use them anytime be sure to let me know how you liked them or didnt like them or if there is something you think should be changed. Sounds like we need to make up some without the blades on them. Thanks for any feedback.

14. One question, with 671 perch when is the fish fry?:D YUM YUM GETCHA SOME!!