close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Patriots win third Super Bowl!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Jan 17, 2005.

1. The Patriots have won two of the last three Super Bowls. Their coach is the greatest football genius that has ever been on the sidelines in the NFL. Tom Brady is Superman, and cannot be beaten. Their defense is the best that has ever put on pads. With Dillon at RB, they simply cannot be stopped. They have already won the Super Bowl by beating the Colts.

However, I think that they still might need to play the game on Sunday. Yes, even if it is just against a team that only went 6-10 last year and will be starting a rookie QB.

I LOVE that the Steelers are an underdog at home this week!

2. I believe you...at least you love it a little more than if they were an underdog team on the road.;)

3. Well, I admit my Steelers have not looked too great the last few games, but they somehow manage to pull it off. Brady can't be beaten? Seems that the Steeler beat him and so did the underdog Miami.

Never say never in the NFL. On any given Sunday... I don't bet, but if I did, I would have been afraid to bet on most games this year. I guess one of us will not be happy after next Sunday, but it will soon be fishing season and I'll forget all about football even if the Steelers win the Super Bowl.

4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Sometimes Football or any sport for that matter is one of match ups. The Steelers took them down the first meeting this year I regardless of what the experts say the get the nod this time around too.

5. Star1Pup,

You are right that the Steelers beat them this year. But I would not put the hapless Dolphins win in that same category since the Pats were not playing with anything at stake. I am not sure but I dont think Brady played much at all in that game either.

I think the interesting stat that they gave was the Belichek's record when facing a QB for the second time in a season, 13-0.:eek: The first game record was something like 8-5. That tells me that they make good adjustments.

6. catking

catking Banned

This should be the Super Bowl :) I just think that the Pats are a better all around team, but it is very even never the less. I really hope the Steelers win , and will be rooting for them. What's not to like about a hard nose, blue collar team from Pittsburg ;) But with Vegas making the Pats the favorite , it would be hard to bet against the Pats. Vegas takes this serious, and are hardly ever wrong ;) ......... With that being said, Pitt vs Philly in the Super bowl with the Steelers winning in a cake walk.............. :cool:

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

....the 2 afc teams i liked are gone now....(jets and colts)

i am not a steeler fan but im so sick of the patriots....

Atlanta over the Steelers 38-7

:)

sorry steeler fans....

probably atlanta over ne 28-24

8. catking

catking Banned

Nobody hardly says a thing about them. But the fact is, with Vick at QB, they have a chance. You have to account for Vick's running if you are running the defense . This takes up an extra defensive player , same as the Eagles Donovan ;) ........... DA KING !!!

9. Bkr, you are completely wrong about the Pats/Dolphins game. They were still playing for homefield advantage, and Brady did play the entire game.

10. Well Archman, thanks for straghtening me out. I stand corrected as I was thinking that Miami was the final game but that was San Francisco. I did not see much but when I tuned in Davey was at the helm. I must be getting them confused with another that I turned on the last week only to see no starters playing.:confused:

I don't believe I was "completely" wrong about that game. The Dolphins are indeed "hapless".;):D

11. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

The Patriots did a wonderful job of stopping the Steelers running game the last time they played, didn't they?

Things will not improve this time around either.. Big Ben will get his head out of his butt and get back to playing QB like he can.

Tom Brady, Bill B, and Mr. Dillon will have to WATCH this years SuperBowl from HOME... :D

12. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I hope the pats win, simply because i am a dillon fan and want to see him win one