Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say was WOW what a weekend. 150 fish in 4 trips in to the lake. The best part was commodore 64 you are great my sides still hurt for laughing. I hope you get your water leak fixed. Thanks again to Het for everything. I even got to take the Angler of the year out what a privilage. Its going to take me the rest of the week to recover but I might just try it again sunday.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jeff, thanks for taking me out saturday , and showing this guy the rite jiggin motion to use !! this weekend was my 1st trip jiggin with someone and it was a blast !! that butterscotch jig was awesome i went back on monday to get some more but they didnt have any !! i am a believer in a leader now too!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem that was a blast. I got a few more sunday when I went for minnows so I will be set for this weekend if the weather holds out. I might try to take my Dad up there to tear up one more time.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Tubuzz,
Good to meet you. Thanks for the tuning tip on the Reef Runners. Our Saturday evening started much later than most so I didn't get to hang with many OGF'ers. It's was great weekend.
DC

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Tubuzz, had a blast talking with you. Have to do it again sometime. PM me your address so I can send you some of those spinners I talked to you about.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Tu Buzz!

Great meeting with ya and talking to you as well.. im looking forward to seeing and hearing form yo this year on the water!!

Frank

·
Registered
281 Posts
jeff,

did the same pattern and method prevail for the entire weekend?

thanks again for taking me out friday, it was a blast......I threw up a post in this forum with pics from the trip but its off the first page.

good luck if you head out this weeked.

J

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
WE got the water leak fixed, I think. We had installed a transducer on Saturday and there were a bunch of holes drilled in the hull from the old one. We squirted some silicone in there, but I don't think it had time to cure. (we were in a crazy hurry to get on the water Saturday). We pumped out enough water so that the motor belts weren't splashing anymore :eek: and then I found that the wiring for the bilge pump was hosed. SO we came out, found you, got our tickets as fast as we could (thanks again) and headed all the way back over to Brand's in Port Clinton.

On the way back, Tom (Rugged Seahorse) was saying, "Man this thing is listing, or pulling to the left, it's a pain in the butt to steer!" When we got back to Brand's on Saturday, they put the Larson up on the rack. I pulled the plug and it spewed water for 10 minutes straight!

We shot some new silicone into the holes, and I took a closer look at the bilge pump wiring, it needs a little work but shouldn't be too tough to fix.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was great meeting you all. I hope to hear form you and see you on the water. I forgot ot post the the with the tunning I will post on new thread how to do it. This outing was a blast. J blocker yes the pattern held up on the jig bit, but the trolling bit did not. Did find some the last morning out from the pack. Believe it or not but the old wiggle warts did the trick.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
sounds like you had a great time. sounds like jigging for eyes is a blast I have never done it. I got my frist eyes last year trolling complaments of tubuzz2 thanks again . for a fun time and for making the rough water a smooth ride

1 - 11 of 11 Posts