close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The offseason...does this make you guys sick too?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Fish G3, Dec 22, 2008.

1. 1 More than they get. I love to see them lose after tryin to buy a championship.HAHA

2. Baseball needs some kind of salary cap, like the NBA and NFL have

3. You will never see a salary cap in baseball because of revenue sharing. The big spenders (Yanks, Sox, Mets, and Dodgers) are all in markets that allow them to do so, but I think it's even worse that teams like Florida are able to get their revenue sharing checks and simply pocket them year after year.

While I hate that the Yanks try to buy a title every year, I appreciate that they are actually trying to win a title. The Marlins disgust me.

4. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

CC Sabathia, Burnett, and Texiera!!!

I hope CC chokes again in the playoffs, if the Yanks make it.

Texiera is a flat out stud however and in my opinion is the most important acquisition they made. The guy can fall of the bench and be a 30-30 ball player, not to mention take a shot for the gold glove. He is the total package, and a deadly weapon among some strong hitters already playing for the Yanks. Texiera could very well put up some of his best numbers while in pin stripes.

As for CC....I hope he chokes! Never seems to be on his best game until it gets into midseason where low standing teams and lazy games help out his numbers. I don't think that CC is anywhere close to being worth the contract he was given by the Yanks. He has failed to be proven a shutdown pitcher when the time really counts...PLAYOFFS! Not to mention he will be coming back from a weak National Leage Central division, then thrown into arguably the strongest division in all of major league baseball. How will he handle the New York media?

5. I have always liked texiera one hell of a ball player...sad to see him go to the yanks

6. None of the professional athletes are worth their contracts. They are all over paid.

7. i read on espn.com that the dodgers loss interest in manny and are pursing adam dunn

8. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

I do really like the addition of Willy Tavaras to the Reds. A good young player just reaching his prime. Hopefully he can play some good ball in cincy and score lots of runs in front of franchise players Votta, Bruce, and Phillips. Speadster who can cover lots of ground in center, and steal a lot of bags. What a perfect addition to fill a much needed hole in center and as a leadoff hitter.