Ohio Game Fishing banner

1501 - 1520 of 4750 Posts

·
Read Only
396 Posts
It’s cold. I like it. A lot. Seriously I love it!

I se starting Saturday the cold temperatures becoming more dominant it’s looking to be a nice cold week for shotgun season. I’ll bet it’s pretty skimmy in the usual joints after gun week.

Due to some circumstances I’m stuck at home awaiting some test results. Hopefully the results come in and are negative before thanksgiving as not to screw up my annual hunting trip with a close friend.
Sounds like your selfish. Stay home and take care of your Covid family

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Went to LE casting for eyes last night. It started out ok and missed one hit, then after about an hour the wind changed direction and picked up quite a bit. When casting north the lure went 60 feet out then blew back about 20 feet before it hit the water. Ended up calling it a night after about 2 and a half hours as casting was just about impossible.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Went to LE casting for eyes last night. It started out ok and missed one hit, then after about an hour the wind changed direction and picked up quite a bit. When casting north the lure went 60 feet out then blew back about 20 feet before it hit the water. Ended up calling it a night after about 2 and a half hours as casting was just about impossible.
We will try it again on a better night buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
396 Posts
. I could of told ya it was going to be a tough bite

·
Registered
871 Posts
Still was nice to get out. Haven't done much casting this year so feeling it a bit in my right elbow.
Haha I feel it! That happens if I haven’t casted in a couple weeks. I’ll may try again Wednesday night after work since no work on Thursday. Should also be out Friday and Saturday being the tournament ends on Sunday morn. My buddy said fairport coast guard was going on the loud speaker at 9:30pm the other night kicking people off the wall and then driving around making sure everyone was gone by 10

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Wednesday is wet again but the good news is winds is out of the south. Depends what time you are going I may be in Wednesday. Weekend not sure yet but will probably go to dock tournament as grandson wants to go at the moment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Haha I feel it! That happens if I haven’t casted in a couple weeks. I’ll may try again Wednesday night after work since no work on Thursday. Should also be out Friday and Saturday being the tournament ends on Sunday morn. My buddy said fairport coast guard was going on the loud speaker at 9:30pm the other night kicking people off the wall and then driving around making sure everyone was gone by 10

What a bunch of BS. You'd think they'd have more important things to do. Smh

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Ice fishing Portage Lakes PLX on the weekends is pure suicide these days. It's not enjoyable while Snowmobiles, ATV's, Mini-bikes & Motorcycles are roaring past ya at 60mph+ and within feet of ya. I'll hit Nimmy & North, but for the othrrs FORGET IT. It ain't worth the danger of stupidi drivers.

1501 - 1520 of 4750 Posts