close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the misadventures continue

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Jul 20, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,having gotten halfway through the season with less than the usual number of episodes of the " misadventures of misfit & toad,it had to happen sooner or later.
    while looking for one of our spots on hoover saturday,we found it :eek:
    as we were closing in on it(with my eyes glued to the fishfinder),toad handed me the gps,to demonstrate that i had gone by it.while making my turn,i glaced at the gps,momentarily taking my eyes off the ff.
    can anyone guess what happened next?haha,good guess :rolleyes:
    CRASH,CRUNCH,BANG :eek:
    oh well,the prop still has the remains of one blade left.
    that was a quick $90,as i just bought it in april.
    i think next time,i'll rely on my memory and fishfinder :rolleyes: ;)

ps................would someone please remind me what the two happiest days of a boat owner's life are?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

OUCH RICK!!! Sounds like you need a set of curb feelers on that thing ;)

And oh yeah. The Day you buy it, the Day you sell it :D

3. Shake you took the words right out of my mouth,there are good days inbetween also.Good days out with freinds,biggest fish you ever caught,just not enough.

4. Where did he have it extracted? :p ;) :D :D

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D brandon,do you think 50 footers would keep me in the safe zone?
    ron,grant hospital was very busy,so i just fed him a couple ex-lax bars :D
    glad it didn't come out sideways. :eek: ;)
    i think i did staighten the transom out a little,since i also forgot to unlock the tilt lever :rolleyes:

6. catking

catking Banned

You were well on the way to a pretty decent fouled free year......... :rolleyes: THE cATKING !!!

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,i can forget that now :rolleyes: .
    hope this isn't a sign of things to come :eek:

8. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

I was wondering if you was going to post about "The advanture" To bad I can't post the gps track. There is more to the story. After the dumb looks left our faces it was replaced with a smile, what else can ya do. Two days before this happened Rick took the old prop out of the boat. (could be cause I joked about him for carrying it) Also for some strange reason I fixed us roast beef sandwiches, some pop and chips that tasted good as the electric motor pushed along at 1 mph into a stiff wind that didn't exist until the prop was gone. It was a few miles to the ramp we launched at so we stopped at the 1st ramp we came to. I decided try to hitch a ride to get the truck and trailor. First Person I asked gave me a nasty "NO". A few minutes later his wife said he was having a bad day and they would drive me back to the other ramp. I think the guy needs to take a lesson on attuide from Rick.
    I can't wait till our next trip. :D

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

the old prop is back in the boat again :p :D
    good thing you brought grub,cause we could have starved to death before we found land :eek:
    i guess we shouldn't have complained about not having wind for a drift.maybe that's why it kicked up.too bad it was blowing the wrong way :rolleyes:
    oh,i felt sorry for the poor guy at the ramp.at least he didn't get away from the ramp before he discovered his motor wouldn't start.

what a sweet guy.
    "i can't give you a ride,cause i have motor trouble,and i'm upset".hahaha
    DUH,did you notice we're 2 miles from the truck and don't have a prop? not a good day for me either pal.geeze.
    thank you for nothing,and thanks to your wife for being a good samaritan.
    i'm glad i'd had time to laugh off the problems before we met,but i'll never forget that boat,and hope i don't see it broke down in the middle of the lake some day.i'll take your wife to the ramp to wait for you,and you can paddle your way home.

10. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Pop's
    Sorry to hear about the prop, Glad you didn't go over board :eek:

Your misadventures might be wearing off on me, After fishing with you friday my legs were SO sunburn that I couldn't wear pants all day Saturday. My thighs were so red they looked like lobsters.
    Well, Ken called me early Sunday morning and wanted to hit the river. I eased on a pear of jeans and we headed out, First stopping at BP for gas and HOT coffee. As we traveled down the road I re-adjusted the lid on my cup and down it went! Right on my sunburned thigh :eek: :eek: :eek: OUCH!!!
    Gave a new meaning to the word PAIN! I was flopping around in the cab like a fish, ripping my jeans off and screaming through downtown Kent. (BP makes some pretty Hot coffee in the mornings).
    By the time we got to the river and launched the boat, my legs felt better and we end up landing a few, so alls well that ends well I guess. Misadventures must run in the family, ya think? :rolleyes:

11. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

misfit where are you located in ohio????????

12. Right at the junction of Lotsatrouble and Cantmakeitwork. Toad is right around the corner in Nutinseverbroke and Ductapewilwork. :rolleyes: :D :D

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey son,sorry about passing on the bad genes :(
    luckily you don't spend more time around me,or you'd really have problems :eek:
    that coffee had to feel good on the poor legs.i knew you were gonna be sore after baking all day.

fishingful,sometimes i'm not sure where i live :confused:
    but shortdrift described it pretty good,lol.
    actually i live on the east side of columbus.you're safe up there in stow.my bad luck doesn't reach that far :D

14. Hey Shake, Your showing our age
    LOL Stan ;)

15. The only mud bar I ever plowed through :eek: was when I had Misfit on board.
    Maybe it would be a good idea to tow him in a separate boat. :cool: ;) :D

16. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

This thread is better than most stuff on cable :) You guys are killin me :D

17. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

haha shortdrift is crackin me up

18. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Ron, you better have a long, long rope. ;)

Misfit has been on a good luck roll for awhile. He hasn't lost an anchor or rod & reel all year so far. I did tell him on our way home after hump killing that I don't think he should go fishing alone. I'm afraid he may snag the drain plug on hoover and drain the lake. (he has done this on the boat) :eek: ;) :D

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

after this reminder of a lake erie trip
    maybe this statement isn't completely true :rolleyes:

20. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

It looks to me as though we need to keep, Capt. Muskey, Misfit, and Toad on a different lake when we are out. Those three have a very dark cloud that follows them. Rick's already said he was coming to the Erie outing, so if any of you are planning to fish Erie Saturday, make sure His "Crew" goes the opposite way you do. :rolleyes: . The saga continues!!