close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the mighty hoga

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by smallie, Jul 1, 2004.

1. smallie

smallie smallmouth icon

skipped work today and went to the 82 dam. 1 guy caught a walleye on a floating worm rig.it looked to be about 20 inches. good color, no sores, a really healthy fish. so i went back to the car for my wading gear. wadded bewlow the dam and caught 8 smallies on motor oil gitzit tubes. i just casted and let the current carry it. boy, were the smallies agressive.

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Thanks for the info, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Im gonna (finally) go fishing after work today, somewhere on the hoga between rockside and 82 dam. (havent decided where yet....most likely towards the south)

With the nice low flow rate fishing should be good! (I hope)

Ill have my blue backpack on (thats sort of like my tackle box)...if you see me give a holler.

George

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I managed one decent smallmouth after work today (on a rebel craw crank)and something REAL big made a he** of a splash out in the middle of the river! I wonder what it was!

I fished south of Rockside. Its really nice back there, makes you feel like your in the middle of nowhere. Walked about a mile south I guess. i need some waders.

Good fishing.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I bet it was that huge grass pike JohnBoat caught and released at Mogadore on 6/30!

It probably made it's way over the dam and down the little cuyahoga river to where you were.

:D :D