Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got to Wallace Lake at 7:15PM after work and caught and released an 8" crappie then the downpour came and I bugged out. Only got in ten minutes of fishing.

Kaz32

·
Registered
541 Posts
The oxbow lagoon past a little south of Cedar Point rd?
I always have luck there..but it's a little luck, meaning the fish are small gills but a friend caught a carp in there. I love fishing there because it's peaceful and the enviornment (fallen trees,lots of cover, weeds under the surface) lead you to believe that something amazing is about to happen every time you cast...but it really never has for me. But I won't give up on the place. If you are talking about a different oxbow then disregard my statements...:)
Janus

·
hardcore fisherman
298 Posts
I've fished the oxbow before lots of little gills, I have caught a few small bass though. Its does look like a great place for a few big ones to be hiding but is really small. Wallace has decent bass but you'd do better from a boat. If thats not an option take one rod and a small backpack for tackle and be mobile you can walk around the entire lake just be carefull gets a little hairy in a few spots. And the rock should be turning on for smallies soon. Like as soon as the rain lets up. best bet is a three inch brown curly tail grub, and experiment with jig head weight till you find one that works for you. I'm sure there are other baits that will work but I have had the best success by far with a grub. Hope this info helps!!!;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Caught the crappie on a miinow, had some left over after a trip to Punderson.
Can't find any minnows in Berea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts