close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Mathews Switchback

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by FISH OR DIE, Oct 13, 2005.

1. For all the true bow hunters if you haven't shot or held the new switchback bow from mathews you are missing out on a hell of a bow! This bow is the caddy of all bows , I've shot hoyt turbo tec to the v tec and the pse bows but the switchback bets them hands down . I tuned my switchback in at 58 lb pull , with 100 grain tips and i'm still getting over 305 fps that's fast! What is your opinion on this bow?

2. I purchased a Hoyt Vipertec about 4 weeks ago and like it alot. I haven't shot a Matthews bow.

3. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

I just started to shoot a Renegade here recently, I think its pretty sweet. My 1990 model Golden Eagle with 0% let off just wasn't getting it any more. I've heard good things about Matthews but not sure if I've shot one.

4. I have an outback that I'm happy with.

5. Every year comes and goes and I keep saying I am going to go out and buy a new bow. I have shot several brands (Hoyt, Matthews, Renegade, PSE) and really they all seem very nice. Some of the brands really want a premium price and I just get turned away from buying at that point. I struggle to see the big difference between manufacturers. I guess for now I will stay with my older Jennings.;) I shoot it with a lot of confidence out to 30-35 yards. It is not the fastest bow but it puts the arrow where I need it to be and that is the main thing.

After all of my thought put in to it I still have no clue which one I may settle on when I do make the purchase.:rolleyes:

6. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

I have the Hoyt Turbo Tec. Talk about a fast shooting bow. I have mine at 69lbs and almost shooting 330fps. It is a super nice bow, i am very pleased with it. The flames inside the bow, just set it aside from any other bow i think.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

If you are struggling to pay the big price, then look at Diamond by Bowtech. Enough said. 2 very happy Diamond customers on this site, at least.

8. I have been paying attention.;) I noticed that you guys recently bought the Diamond. They look like a nice bow as well. They will be on my list of test bows when I get the itch again.

9. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

ive heard good things about the diamond by bowtech

10. I REALLY REALLY like my diamond so far

11. Have you got yours sighted in yet? Pole, it takes pratice no matter what bow you are using so you will be able to be confident when the big boy steps out from around the tree and gives you the 2 second window to draw aim and shoot.

12. Also duelly noted that I have seen Pole snatchers bow and for the price I do not believe there is a better bow in the price range to hunt and target shoot with. Very good bow with a great price, can not be beat.

13. it's sighted in and ready to go, just need to buy my tag

14. I shoot a hoyt havoc tec and love it. I had a hoyt magnatec and I loved that bow untill it was stolen that is the reason i bought the havoc tec. In my opinion hoyt makes the best bow on the market

15. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

16. I did not leave it at my stand, it was in my truck someone broke my window out and stole it. I guess I should have stated how it was stolen

17. Need to launch a muzzy through their hand.....that'll teach 'em to steal a guys bow....pss's me off when I hear about things being stolen.

Anywho....I just saw the switchback.......kinda peaked my interest a bit. It's been a while since I've shot a bow and would like to get into bowhunting. Price isn't much of an issue, although I would like to stay under $500....what would be a good option or two for me to check out.

It wouldn't be for use this season....but hopefully next year.